ZSNES not responding to GamePad

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

MysticNinjaJay

ZSNES not responding to GamePad

Post by MysticNinjaJay »

OK so I decided today that I would like to play some Super Nintendo games on ZSNES. When I went to program my controller which has worked just fine in the past the buttons mysteriously would not work. I did everything I usually do. Click Config + Input 1 + Joypad + Set Keys then press the buttons on my gamepad. For some reason they don't work! I thought maybe I was using the wrong USB port but that didn't matter. The computer is recognizing my gamepad. I tested it. I am using the original Super Nintendo Controller with a USB Adapter. Not only will the controller not work when I press Esc nothing happens so I had to find a way to exit ZSNES, go to Task Manager and close the program. After a few tries I finally got it to work. But then I had to leave the house. I shutdown the computer then when I came back to play again I encountered the same problem. I decided to test another controller so I plugged in my Nyko 80610 AirFlo PC Game Controller, then I ran ZSNES and it worked just fine. So then I decided to try to use the keyboard to Set Keys and that worked fine as well. I figured that maybe the Super Nintendo controller was getting old but then when I went back to using the AirFlo controller after pushing UP the rest of the keys stopped working! I tried my Playstation 3 controller to see what would happen. That did not work but I've never used my PS3 controller on the PC before so I don't know if that means anything.

Please help me.
MysticNinjaJay

Re: ZSNES not responding to GamePad

Post by MysticNinjaJay »

I decided to try my Super Nintendo controller with the emulator SNES9X and it works fine. That would suggest that this isn't an issue of my controller going bad right? Could there be a compatibility issue with ZSNES? This same controller used to work just fine with ZSNES and it even worked ok earlier today until I shut off the computer. Can anyone help me out here?
MysticNinjaJay

Re: ZSNES not responding to GamePad

Post by MysticNinjaJay »

OK I think I found a solution. I simply shut down the computer then after I booted up to the deskstop I plugged in the controller before opening ZSNES, programmed the controller and it worked like a charm. Every single game I tried worked. I do believe I solved my own problem. Before I would just leave the controller in the USB port and turn on the computer. I think you have to wait until you are at your desktop for certain gamepads. I hope this thread helps anyone else who has this problem.