Game Save Error

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Jthrasher

Game Save Error

Post by Jthrasher »

Hello!

ZSNES has deleted multiple game saves from multiple ROMS. It does not delete the .SRM file, but the game acts like there are no saves to choose from (I have to start a new game). I have never used a save state. I can not figure out why it will not register the file, I can see it in the ROM file, just not when I attempt to load the game.

Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening? I would love to enjoy ZSNES, but as of now, it is just a gigantic pain in my ass.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, or am I better off deleting the program?

Thanks in advance,

Jessie
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: Game Save Error

Post by odditude »

zsnes doesn't know where to look for the saves. launch zsnes directly (no running it by double-clicking ROM files) and define your save path (via config -> paths).
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Jthrasher

Re: Game Save Error

Post by Jthrasher »

Thanks for the help!

I realized that I had an old version (1.36), I updated it. I always open zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) directly, not by clicking on the ROM files. So as long as I set the path to where ever I keep my ROMs then it should be OK from now on?

Thanks again!