KolibriOS version

Strictly for discussing ZSNES development and for submitting code. You can also join us on IRC at irc.libera.chat in #zsnes.
Please, no requests here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

SoUrcerer

KolibriOS version

Post by SoUrcerer »

After 12 hours of work, I ported ZSNES to KolibriOS. For now - version 1.20 (now with sound too).
KolibriOS is extremely tiny and fast OS, size of official distributive is <2MB. In fact, you can fit KolibriOS+ZSNES in 500kB. It isn't Linux or something *IX, KolibriOS is absolutely independent OS written in assemler.

For trying out ZSNES:
1 ) Download official or testing KolibriOS (iso image for booting from CD or img image for booting with GRUB/memdisk/USB stick)
2 ) Burn ISO to CD, or install IMG to floppy/USB/GRUB (you can find instructions in official distributive)
3 ) Download ZSNES for KolibriOS
4 ) Unpack ZSNES to hard disk (FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, Linux ext2 and ext3 partitions supported) or burn to CD-disk
5 ) Copy few smc (or zipped smc) files in ZSNES folder too, because my stubs for glob and other libc functions aren't full-featured yet.
6 ) Boot KolibriOS, launch one of our file managers (their icons are on desktop: eolite - is Dolphin clone, kfm - Total commander clone, KFAR - FAR clone), find ZSNES folder and launch ZSNES.
7 ) Have fun
8 ) Write to me about bugs
Last edited by SoUrcerer on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Re: KolibriOS version

Post by badinsults »

I'm sure all 10 of the people who use that OS will be excited.

/troll

In all seriousness, good work.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
SoUrcerer

Post by SoUrcerer »

badinsults wrote:I'm sure all 10 of the people who use that OS will be excited.
We have 300-500 downloads everyday :P
Thank you for reply. I'll update my port to 1.51 as soon as possible.
Can be ZSNES linked with MESA as GL?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

As long as you tell SDL to use mesa.

Pretty impressive, I guess.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
SoUrcerer

Post by SoUrcerer »

Now with sound support. For links see 1st message.
Version 0.7.7.0 support SB16, ESS and AC'97 audio codec support for Intel, nForce, nForce2, nForce3, nForce4, SIS7012, FM801, VT8233, VT8233C, VT8235, VT8237, VT8237R, VT8237R Plus and EMU10K1X chipsets; also you can download HD Audio driver, but as for me it hangs :(
Lastest build support only AC'97s, other drivers are in development stage (because of new Linux-like mutex subsystem, ACPI and Plug&Play).