Button Hold Problem

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Mythito

Button Hold Problem

Post by Mythito »

My friend and i are playing ZSNES 1.42N over netplay and we can't seem to hold buttons down, we're playing Secrets of Mana and can't charge attacks. yes we have level 1+ in those weapons so it's not the game, we should be able to charge attacks and we cannot. I saw a couple other threads with this problem but none with a solution.

please don't say we need at least level one in weapon level or "The charging starts to work after you swung the weapon once"

also we're using keyboards not joysticks
paulguy
Zealot

Re: Button Hold Problem

Post by paulguy »

Are you using any kind of joystick to keyboard or key remapping or macro type software or any funky keyboard drivers/utilities?

Are you assigning your keys through the CONFIG->INPUT dialog or MISC->KEY COMB?
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Mythito

Post by Mythito »

we're using CONFIG->INPUT for our key assigning, and pretty sure we don't have any weird keyboard utilities.. mine is an everglide that i just plug in and play and his is a dell laptop keyboard.
Mythito

Post by Mythito »

well we had a bunch of trouble opening our save games on netplay and everything was a big mess, we changed a bunch of settings and finally got the saves to work better and somehow that fixed the charge problem.. thanks anyway and if anyone knows specifically what it was i'd still be interested in knowing