What good digital Steam Key sellers sell Skyrim?

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

franpa
Gecko snack

What good digital Steam Key sellers sell Skyrim?

Post by franpa »

I've been looking for a place that sells the game for less then Steam ($89.99) but I'm not very familiar with reliable/trustworthy online shops. I had a look at Direct2Drive.com and they don't look like they'd accept an Australian Visa Debit card so I tried GreenManGaming but they went offline for "Emergency Repairs" less then a minute after I entered my debit card details and tried to buy the game from them >.> (I broke there site? lol). Have to wait 30 minutes to see if the transaction completes with them.

Edit: After entering my debit card details there site kept failing to redirect properly and would spew out these errors whenever I tried to access there Checkout section. This was immediately before they went offline so I'll wait 30 minutes and see if the transaction works. Can't login to there forums as that part of there site is down, there main site is down and the only support method available at the moment is via there Twitter (I loathe Twitter)

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/ ... led-96.png
Last edited by franpa on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Re: What good digital Steam Key sellers sell Skyrim?

Post by adventure_of_link »

if you want to see if the transaction worked, why not see if you can log into your bank account online and watch your statements? 9.8 times out of ten, the online purchase gets charged in less than three hours. (though this one time I ordered a fan for my laptop, the charge didn't show up for TEN days :shock:)

and which type of card WERE you using? you keep going back and forth from credit and debit card. there is a BIG difference here. with a credit card, any duplicate/fradulent charges can be easily disputed. with a debit card, it's tougher.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Sorry, I just fixed that. I use a Visa Debit card and I don't have internet banking so can't check my statements at the moment. They seem to be back online now though (GreenManGaming) so I'll contact there support and see what happens.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

I ended up going through the motions of buying it from GreenManGaming a 2nd time after there website recovered and this time it worked, they provided a Steam key and it activated/plays fine. I've still yet to confirm whether or not the first attempt succeeded though.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

a hard copy would redeem through steam as well. the game uses steamworks.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Yeah I knew that, I was just after a more immediate fix for my boredom.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

judging by the issues you were having, going to a store would have been more immediate.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

It took less then 24 hours to get the game after deciding to get it, Spending 30$ more to lessen such a short waiting period would just be silly.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Writing then instead of than is more silly.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

interesting. i know europeans can usually find hard copies cheaper.

apparently not true down under?
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

sweener2001 wrote:interesting. i know europeans can usually find hard copies cheaper.

We generally pay about 15% percent more for goods and services compared with the rest of the world. This due to a few different reasons, mostly because the trade agreements we've got set up with other countries suck. One of the arguments for us getting the short end of the stick is because we are so far away countries have to spend more for fuel and such to export to our market, especially considering how small our market is compared to other countries, so the consumer gets hit with the higher bill.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

You know that Australia is shafted when it is literally cheaper to buy the game at retail price from Europe, and pay to have it shipped over, than to buy it from a store (Amazon often does free shipping too).
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

But isn't Australia reasonably close to China, compared to the US? The US gets all their shit cheap from China, so it should be even mildly cheaper to Australia.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
badinsults

Post by badinsults »

paulguy wrote:But isn't Australia reasonably close to China, compared to the US? The US gets all their shit cheap from China, so it should be even mildly cheaper to Australia.
No, the retailers here still put prices up as though the Australian dollar was still worth 60 cents US. It is currently at par. Then they whine when people import shit.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Well, I wouldn't blame them with wanting to avoid importing when possible. If a country produces their own products that they have the resources to, it'd keep the economy there strong. Things might cost more than they would in the US, but then people also be making more overall, since people would have jobs. There are plenty of countries where a lot of stuff costs way less, but they tend to be shit-holes.

EDIT: I don't know the situation with respect to that in Australia, but I imagine they want to avoid the problem where everything they get comes from elsewhere and wealth just hemorrhages out.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
badinsults

Post by badinsults »

paulguy wrote:Well, I wouldn't blame them with wanting to avoid importing when possible. If a country produces their own products that they have the resources to, it'd keep the economy there strong. Things might cost more than they would in the US, but then people also be making more overall, since people would have jobs. There are plenty of countries where a lot of stuff costs way less, but they tend to be shit-holes.

EDIT: I don't know the situation with respect to that in Australia, but I imagine they want to avoid the problem where everything they get comes from elsewhere and wealth just hemorrhages out.
No, retailers are just being greedy, and don't want to compete. There is no reason retailers should sell things at a price that is higher than buying and shipping it from overseas.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Oh OK, I thought you were talking about a government import tax thing.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Gonzo wrote:
sweener2001 wrote:interesting. i know europeans can usually find hard copies cheaper.

We generally pay about 15% percent more for goods and services compared with the rest of the world. This due to a few different reasons, mostly because the trade agreements we've got set up with other countries suck. One of the arguments for us getting the short end of the stick is because we are so far away countries have to spend more for fuel and such to export to our market, especially considering how small our market is compared to other countries, so the consumer gets hit with the higher bill.
In the case of Batman: Arkham City we pay roughly double the American price of $49.95. (When buying via Steam it's $99.95 or alternatively, $89.95 when buying retail) Initially Steam had it on pre-order for same price as Americans before the sudden 100% price hike and it only seems like Australia got the price hike.