NBA Jam TE no longer works in Netplay :(

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Schmev

NBA Jam TE no longer works in Netplay :(

Post by Schmev »

Neither of us can figure this out anymore, we used to play all the time. We've always used the latest official release, and a few months ago we installed the latest WIP in a seperate directory of its own.

For some reason, neither version now let's us play netplay. The games will start fine, and we'll pick our teams (usually play co-op these days) the game will start and all the sudden a truly pitiful AI will take control of our "teammate". We can chat just fine, pause for each other (obviously still connected in realtime), but our scores are always drastically different and we both complain about each other doing stupid, stupid things when it's reallythe AI controlling our teammate. He plays his own game and I play mine, ya know? Totally messed up!

Every other game we play work just fine in Netplay without issues. We've always used the exact same ROM files, infact he downloaded his directly off of mine when he brings his computer over. This exact ROM file has been used from the beginning without incident and now it doesn't want to cooperate. I also grabbed a few other NBAJ-TE ROMs from various places and sent them to him, but they all have this issue.

Any info on this to help us play this game again? It works fine, as intended, when we both sit side-by-side and just play on my system alone, but Netplay is no good for this game on either version of ZSNES we have.
Schmev

Post by Schmev »

snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

If no one replys to your thread, you don't need to bump.

Edit - Well, it's been days since you started this. So, meh.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
PGN-X
Rookie

Post by PGN-X »

My cats name is Mittens...
Kagerato
Lurker

Post by Kagerato »

If 1.36 worked before, and after you tried the WIP, neither worked...the question you have to ask yourself is: what changed between the time 1.36 was working and the time it was not?

Were I to take an educated guess, I'd say it's not modified netplay code in the WIP which broke your gameplay.
DarkDragoon
Soul Hacker

Post by DarkDragoon »

xzib1t wrote:My cats name is Mittens...
Lemme guess, he'd make a fine pair of 'em?
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, deep in space and time
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, forever in your mind
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive
'cause if you try, you can do anything
PGN-X
Rookie

Post by PGN-X »

My cats name is Mittens...
Sorry everybody for posting that...i must of been high
Schmev

Post by Schmev »

Actually, nothing has changed. One week it worked for us, the next it didn't ya know? Other sports games work fine yet, WWF, Family Feud, Aerobiz, Turtles, everything else still works fine. I'm out of ideas.