Super NES Music

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Nateconq
Rookie

Super NES Music

Post by Nateconq »

I have hundreds of Super NES music straight from the original games. I've been looking to share them. People on WinMX don't seem to look for them that often. If anyone has any requests, email me.

Nateconqpublic@yahoo.com
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Well what do you know, I have hundreds of sets of SNES music too.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Esturk
Lurker

Post by Esturk »

Yeah, I have hundreds as well. They're all SPC's though. :wink:
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

People can just go to Zophar's Domain and find them.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

snkcube wrote:People can just go to Zophar's Domain and find them.
Or SNESMusic.
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

If they are in a format other than SPC like ogg or mp3, then you could make a torrent or something to share them I guess, although it is possible to make mp3s from SPCs.
Nateconq
Rookie

Post by Nateconq »

Yeah I've converted them all to mp3 with a nice fade-out at the end. I have a lot of Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Mega Man X2, that kind of stuff. I'm still converting the rest.
Secret of Mana + Mega Man X3 + Seiken Densetsu III + Castlevania IV
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Nateconq wrote:Yeah I've converted them all to mp3 with a nice fade-out at the end. I have a lot of Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Mega Man X2, that kind of stuff. I'm still converting the rest.
I've never bothered to convert mine, I just download tracks ripped from the original CDs.
Nateconq
Rookie

Post by Nateconq »

You mean you have the original CD's to Super NES games?
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Nateconq wrote:You mean you have the original CD's to Super NES games?
I said I downloaded them. So no. Why bother converting SPCs to MP3 when you can get albums directly in MP3 or in lossless formats?
Aerdan
Winter Knight

Post by Aerdan »

Why get anything in MP3 when OGG is so much nicer [and is an actual standard, whereas MP3 is just a compression scheme].
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

Vareni Stargazer wrote:Why get anything in MP3 when OGG is so much nicer [and is an actual standard, whereas MP3 is just a compression scheme].
:?: :?: :?:
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Vareni Stargazer wrote:Why get anything in MP3 when OGG is so much nicer [and is an actual standard, whereas MP3 is just a compression scheme].
No it isn't. :o

Nicer I mean.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Clements wrote:If they are in a format other than SPC like ogg or mp3, then you could make a torrent or something to share them I guess, although it is possible to make mp3s from SPCs.
Listen to this man, he speaks the truth.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

Why would you use space consuming MP3s when SPC files are relatively small and are easily played using Winamp?
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

Evan wrote:Why would you use space consuming MP3s when SPC files are relatively small and are easily played using Winamp?
So you can burn them to a CD, then play them in a portable CD player. :P
Aerdan
Winter Knight

Post by Aerdan »

Agozer wrote:

Nicer I mean.
Yes, it is. Ogg Vorbis sounds a lot better at lower bitrates than equivalent-bitrate MP3s. Ogg Vorbis is also smaller than equivalent-bitrate MP3s.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Nateconq wrote:I have hundreds of Super NES music straight from the original games.
It sounds as if you are recording them from the console. One of my brothers was doing this over ten years ago, to cassette tapes. Now, we have thousands of SPC dumps, which are more useful than recordings, and free of analog line noise introduced during the recording process. You need only convert to lossy formats for players which lack support for the format.
Vareni Stargazer wrote:
Agozer wrote:

Nicer I mean.
Yes, it is. Ogg Vorbis sounds a lot better at lower bitrates than equivalent-bitrate MP3s. Ogg Vorbis is also smaller than equivalent-bitrate MP3s.
http://www.rjamorim.com/test/multiforma ... sults.html

A blind listening test at 128kbps also agrees. The tunings from Vorbis aoTuV have been merged into Vorbis 1.1, although Aoyumi continues to work on his branch.

Musepack is also a decent alternative, and for those interested in working with low power portable systems, the decoding requirements are less than that of MP3, which is already has a less complex decoding process than Ogg Vorbis.

Also, considering where iTunes stands in that test, and how Nero's AAC encoder has improved relative to iTunes, it is also a viable alternative for the future.

Ah, but who wants to change their preferred compression scheme every time something new comes along? Certainly, those who are bored can take a little time to weigh the alternatives and decide if any of them are more efficient for future archiving.

Or, use all that spare hard drive space and encode lossless once, and only weigh the benefits of future lossless encoders, deciding whether you care more about compression ratio or processing power required to play the files. Then, you may only have to worry about lossy compression if you need that much music in your portable player. (Yes, there are portables which support FLAC, just one of many lossless codecs.)
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Vareni Stargazer wrote:
Agozer wrote:

Nicer I mean.
Bah. Specialities. :roll:
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

kode54 wrote:Ah, but who wants to change their preferred compression scheme every time something new comes along? Certainly, those who are bored can take a little time to weigh the alternatives and decide if any of them are more efficient for future archiving.

Or, use all that spare hard drive space and encode lossless once, and only weigh the benefits of future lossless encoders, deciding whether you care more about compression ratio or processing power required to play the files. Then, you may only have to worry about lossy compression if you need that much music in your portable player. (Yes, there are portables which support FLAC, just one of many lossless codecs.)
Yep, that's why I use FLAC. Plenty of hard drive space, and I got tired of re-encoding my MP3s every time a version of LAME came out with significant differences.

I also want to get a Rio Karma at some point.
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
Spoony
Hazed

Post by Spoony »

I always have, and always use 192-320 VBR. I don't care if I'm a dinosaur, so bite me with your open source, superior bullshit.
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=spoony]Immortality[/url]
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Spoony wrote:I always have, and always use 192-320 VBR. I don't care if I'm a dinosaur, so bite me with your open source, superior bullshit.
Hmm, I use that too.
Mark7
Hazed

Post by Mark7 »

IceFox wrote:
Evan wrote:Why would you use space consuming MP3s when SPC files are relatively small and are easily played using Winamp?
So you can burn them to a CD, then play them in a portable CD player. :P
If you convert the SPCs to wav and burn those to cd, it'll sound a lot better :roll:

Mp3 fxxkin' sucks at any bitrate and any encoder. Too bad it has so much hardware support while other good sounding lossy formats (mpc/vorbis/aac) don't have so much support.
Nateconq
Rookie

Post by Nateconq »

I download the SPCs and convert them to MP3's at 160 Kb/s and 44100 Hz. It sounds like you're listening to a Super NES, which is what I was aiming for. Look, I'm trying to find a way to share these. Anyone know a good site? Or just request from me through my email.
Oblivion
What?

Post by Oblivion »

I prefer SPCs, personally. It's roughly 2 MB per hour of sound.
Everything I say is a lie.