"ESC" key keeps disabling at certain times

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

blademan8

"ESC" key keeps disabling at certain times

Post by blademan8 »

I have been encountering a repetitive error with the ESC key when working with ZSNES. Whenever I start the emulator or am in the middle of playing, the ESC key will suddenly refuse to function, preventing me from accessing the menu options during gameplay. I now have to make sure it works whenever I start by testing the key's response when changing configuration in the input window. I used to think the culprit was an AAM Updater program occassionally popping up on my computer, and by closing this program in the task manager, the ESC key works again. However, there are times when such a program is not active at all and the ESC key still fails. It's getting to the point where the only way to restore the ESC key function is by restarting my computer. Why is this constantly happening? Has anyone else experienced this annoyance and do they have a solution to the problem?
blademan8

Re: "ESC" key keeps disabling at certain times

Post by blademan8 »

The situation is even worse than I first mentioned. In addition to the ESC not functioning, at some points while I'm playing a game, the whole controller input gets stuck and I can't control the game anymore. Not unless I forcefully close a random program in my task manager such as my calculator.