Cheat Creation Questions

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

pigup

Cheat Creation Questions

Post by pigup »

Hi! I did not want to bump really old threads, so I thought I would create a new post.
When using ZSNES cheat search, how do you know if a game is DEC or HEX?
I have some decent luck with a few easy cheats that I found with exact search, but I was curious on creating codes for Out of This World due to lack of cheats.
Seems like the game maybe in Hex. I was curious on how I would make the gun blast (when holding down fire button) without needing to hold the button.
What i tried was holding down the fire button, pausing, going to cheat search comparative, then using != not equal. Go back to game, hold the button down longer then go back to cheats and search for not equal again, then held fire again even longer then held it at maximum, went to search again and choose not equal, fired the blast then held down again to maximum and went to search for equal value. Using this method i did find about 10 addresses, and i can see values changing when i go back to game and use power blast and not - i see changes in address so I know I am in the right area, but modifying the values doesn't do anything when i change them.

Does anyone know if I am right track or am I missing something else???
pigup

Re: Cheat Creation Questions

Post by pigup »

I think I found the solution
joe_devore
Regular

Re: Cheat Creation Questions

Post by joe_devore »

it some times varies from game to game...
some games use decimal values well others encode in hex (but still use only decimal 0-9)
(PC Specs)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus PRIME X570-PRO
GPU: nVidia/EVGA RTX 3070 Ti 8GB
GFX Drivers: Nvidia v551.76
RAM: 32GB, 2x G.Skill 16GB DDR4

Favorite Emulators:
PS2(x64): PCSX2 (Downloads)
SNES : ZSNES
N64 : Project64

ZSNES:
v1.51 (FuSoYa's 8MB fix R2)(Compiled Myself)