FF6 Crash

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

xixoraptor

FF6 Crash

Post by xixoraptor »

Alright.. First of all I thank for any help in advance as I am desperate.. I am in world of ruin in the figaro castle on the part where edgar blows his fake cover and we have to kill some maggots in the engine room.. When I finish talking to him just before I suposedly will kill the maggots the game just turns black the music keeps playing and I cant continue.. Whenever I open the game it says it is a bad rom.. is there a way to solve or atleast get another rom but transfer the save states I have to that rom. Besides I cant equip genji glove or gauntlet as it says OPtium equipment must be changed then the game stops, THIS ALSO happens when you click on the best option to change equipment.
I guess it might be because of my rom but if not I would like to know if there are some patches or bug fixes or a way to transfer the save states to another ff6 rom.
ROM INFO:
This is the info for the last game you ran.

File: Final_Fantasy_VI_(U).smc Header: Yes
FINAL FANTASY 6 TYPE:NORMAL
INTERLEAVED:No CHKSUM:FAIL
VIDEO:NTSC BANK:Hi CRC32:6D6D1661
BAD ROM
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: FF6 Crash

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

It very much is your ROM image. You got a corrupt ROM image, ignored the clear warning at load time as well as early signs of instability, and now you're stuck.

That said, you can PROBABLY keep on with your current SRAM and state saves if you download a good ROM image and give it the same file name as your current corrupt one.

Also: FF6(U)? What crazy-ass ROM site identifies the US release by the japanese title? (ProTip: Don't answer that.)
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
xixoraptor

Post by xixoraptor »

well Its im kind of a newbie in the emulator scene..Sorry for any inconvenience ill try what you said
xixoraptor

Post by xixoraptor »

IT WORKED THANKS!
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

xixoraptor wrote:well Its im kind of a newbie in the emulator scene..Sorry for any inconvenience ill try what you said
In the future, when you get all-caps errors like "BAD ROM", it may be worth your time to look them up. Especially when you're already having issues. Not just in emulators.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
Selq

Post by Selq »

Do the rom files need to be in the same folder?
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Selq wrote:Do the rom files need to be in the same folder?
I'd put them in the same folder. For convenience sake.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform