Message from DarkForce.

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

Gigafreak
Hazed
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:44 am

Post by Gigafreak »

grinvader wrote:SURPRISE WIKISECHS


Not as surprising (nor probably as painful) as that other kind...
kieran_
Mugwump
Posts: 824
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:05 pm

Post by kieran_ »

Wow.
This thread just keeps on stumbling along.
Coolanm60000
New Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:34 pm

Post by Coolanm60000 »

Cidolfas... If your still here... Make a thread asking for people who would like to help dejap finish the projects. This would take the atention of programmers and rom hackers to volunteer and help. I'm also looking forward to the final version of Star Ocean (thats the best game ever made for snes). Also from all other games because they are all great.

Wish you luck finding voluteers. Recover well DF :) .
DarkCross

Post by DarkCross »

Well, I've been playing for over almost 8 years on roms, and have followed DeJaps translations a lot, since they are one of the best translations. I am currently in college and I started when I was just a kid.
It's sad to see DeJap die, but people change and times move on. New and better Romhackers may come as well as they may not, it's a scattered and dying breed. I'd help myself, but college, and my social life take up most of my time. The only time I have free is to sleep. I guess most of the people that started a long time ago like myself are older and wiser by now, but as a downside, we have barely any free time to tinker around like we used to. I wish the best of luck to DF, one of the best for his time. Hope he gets well.
avoidz
Rookie
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:15 am

Post by avoidz »

I'm sorry to hear the news about DF (I've been away awhile) and the fading of DeJap; I always checked first with them whenever I was looking for a translation.

Thanks for all the great work over the years :)
HunterKiller_
Hazed
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:11 am
Location: NZ
Contact:

Post by HunterKiller_ »

It's been awhile since i quit the emulation scene. Randomly decided to check up here... and saw this thread. Such a shame.
I want to give Darkforce and the DeJap team my most genuine thanks,
without you, we would never have experienced the pleasures of these great games.
HunterKiller
<========]----+
snake_eater
New Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:03 am

Post by snake_eater »

Ok, It's been a year and a lil bit more since DeJap died... so, the 1.000.000 US$ Dollars question...
Which translation group/human being/alien will finish the Star Ocean Patch (Version 2.0)
I think that this game REALLY deserves this final patch for love to the RPGs and to the game itself...
And who will make the LONG AWAITED Far East of Eden Zero patch?
Cidolfas
Hazed
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:12 pm
Contact:

Post by Cidolfas »

Very possibly no one.
evil_andy

Post by evil_andy »

I would love to see Tales of phantasia (I know it's coming out on GBA soon) and I'd also love to see star ocean finished. unfortunately this semester I will not have much time.

I also know NOTHING about hacking snes roms, but would love to learn.
I'm a CS major (almost done) so I should be able to help, I also have friends who would probably be able to help. what exactly needs to be done (and what do I need to do it?)

unfortunately, I can't translate :-\

Thanks

(I'd be willing to do everything under the dejap name too)
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer
Posts: 6747
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:47 am

Post by Deathlike2 »

evil_andy wrote:I would love to see Tales of phantasia (I know it's coming out on GBA soon) and I'd also love to see star ocean finished. unfortunately this semester I will not have much time.

I also know NOTHING about hacking snes roms, but would love to learn.
I'm a CS major (almost done) so I should be able to help, I also have friends who would probably be able to help. what exactly needs to be done (and what do I need to do it?)

unfortunately, I can't translate :-\

Thanks

(I'd be willing to do everything under the dejap name too)


You might be out of the loop but both Tales of Phantasia and Star Ocean have been translated fully by Dejap...
Continuing FF4 Research...
creaothceann
Seen it all
Posts: 2302
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:04 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Post by creaothceann »

evil_andy wrote:I also know NOTHING about hacking snes roms, but would love to learn.
I'm a CS major (almost done) so I should be able to help, I also have friends who would probably be able to help. what exactly needs to be done (and what do I need to do it?)

*points to RomHacking.net*
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:27 pm
Contact:

Post by Nightcrawler »

creaothceann wrote:
evil_andy wrote:I also know NOTHING about hacking snes roms, but would love to learn.
I'm a CS major (almost done) so I should be able to help, I also have friends who would probably be able to help. what exactly needs to be done (and what do I need to do it?)

*points to RomHacking.net*


It's best to direct newbies to the 'Getting Started' section there. THAT'S what it was designed for:

http://www.romhacking.net/?page=start

Also, our affiliate site romhacks.net is a great place to get started as well:

Romhacking for Beginners
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
evil_andy

Post by evil_andy »

Alright, I missed the part that said translation was at 100%

so all that's left is programming, script editing, and graphics editing. (for TOP)

but yeah, I have contacted a friend and we're going to attempt to learn all of this during the semester and see what happens over the summer.
Hyos
Regular
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:15 pm

Post by Hyos »

evil_andy wrote:Alright, I missed the part that said translation was at 100%

so all that's left is programming, script editing, and graphics editing. (for TOP)

but yeah, I have contacted a friend and we're going to attempt to learn all of this during the semester and see what happens over the summer.


WTF are you talking about? You can get a patch that translates Tales Of Phantasia 100%, and Star Ocean 99.9 % (there is one graphic for a Yes/No selection that is not edited - super easy to figure it out). No editing needed at all. If you could finish translating Dragon Quest VI or translate Far East Of Eden Zero for example...

Once again: What are you talking about?
DarkCross

Post by DarkCross »

I've been a follower of DeJap for a very long time. Since roughly around 1998-1999. It's sad to see all of them go, but people move on and as many other people have stated here. Most of the old people related to this site since 99' most likely are either working, studying, or both. MOst of us don't have the time necessary to follow-up with the site anymore which is sad to say. It's been a good run so far really. Good luck to all. Hope you recover DF.
Locked