different controller.. same Computer.. Zsnes dont recognize

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

karpatt

different controller.. same Computer.. Zsnes dont recognize

Post by karpatt »

Hello,

I have Mini-Computer Zotac. I use it to play emulator. I use mupen64 for Nintendo64, mednafen for Nes and Zsnes for Super Nes. I use the original gamepad NES with adapter, the original N64 gamepad with adapter and for Zsnes a Microsoft XBOX 360 Wireless gamepad.

I can configure the X360 gamepad without problem...but if i disconnect or connect a other gamepad... i must re-configure the X360 gamepad.

Mednafen an Mupen64 recognizes the connected controllers and uses the one that was set for the emulator, Zsnes no...

How do I configure ZSNES to recognize the right joystick to not reconfigure the keys every time ?

Thanks..

Karpatt

PS : And.. excuse me for my bad english !
paulguy
Zealot

Re: different controller.. same Computer.. Zsnes dont recogn

Post by paulguy »

I guess you could just make sure it always ends up as the same number gamepad every time. This would be a bit complicated since you'd have to either determine the order they're detected on boot up (if this is even consistent or predictable at all), or connect them in a specific order each time your system is turned on, making sure it's always the last controller to be connected, with maybe a few seconds in between connections to make sure your OS has finished initializing each one. If you swap controllers, make sure you've disconnected the previous one first, then reconnect the xbox 360 controller, and maybe wait a few seconds in between to make sure the previous controller is fully "removed".

Basically if I understand SDL joystick events correctly, gamepad events are numbered by gamepad and button, and the numbering is likely however they show up to the OS, which is likely whatever order they were added to the system. I'm not sure if the Windows version just uses directinput directly though, which I have no idea how that works.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

paulguy wrote:the Windows version just uses directinput directly
Yes.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
karpatt

Post by karpatt »

Thanks for answer... i will test.. to connect in a specific order...

I'm on Lubuntu 12.10 for OS not Windows... ;-)