Paths Problem. Maybe a Bug '

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Agmkc

Paths Problem. Maybe a Bug '

Post by Agmkc »

I just downloaded, after a long time of non-use, the August 3 version of ZSNES for Windows

I use XP PRO, so i can' t tell if this happens everywhere.

On the CONFIG menu, at the voice PATHS, i have setted 3 folders for, respectively, Savegames, Screnshots and Spcs.

But it ended that EVERYTHING is saved in the Savegames chosen folder, and NOT where i have choosed to save it.

And the .SRM is saved TWICE: one in the chose folder, as I told before, AND EVEN in the folder that contains the "zsnesw.exe" executable file.

I remember. I am using the "ZSNESW_0803" version of the emulator.

Is this a Bug ?
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

That PATHS windows doesn't work as well as it should, AFAIK. You still need to define SaveDirectory = in Zsnesw.cfg
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Agmkc

Post by Agmkc »

Agozer wrote:That PATHS windows doesn't work as well as it should, AFAIK. You still need to define SaveDirectory = in Zsnesw.cfg
Just Done. Nothing Changed.

It STILL saves a DUAL copy of the Save Ram; une in the Save Folder, AND one in the EXE folder.

Oh, powerful Developer Guys, if you are reading this, i gave you sometrhing to fix !

8) :lol: :)
Kagerato
Lurker

Post by Kagerato »

Agmkc wrote:Oh, powerful Developer Guys, if you are reading this, i gave you sometrhing to fix !
Certainly not what a developer wants to hear, even it seems to be a joke.

Did you try unsetting all the path strings entirely? Exit and reload ZSNES afterwards, of course.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

You can try deleting the config file, which 'resets' the emulator. I don't think this is a bug since it works fine for me.