Translation Release #50 - Cave Story

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

The mushroom is not the evil secret boss. He's just a secret mini-boss.
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Stifu wrote:The blue mushroom is that secret boss you guys were talking about ?
I beat him rather easily, no need for a second try, I didn't have to use my heart jar either... Maybe I was lucky. *shrugs*
I didn't think the boss was hard. Finding the boss was hard. I just went to Curly with the badge and then directly to the boss out of spite.
By the way, anyone know what happens to that Mimiga with glasses, the so-called "number 2" of the village ? "Jack", is it ?
The last time I could see him was in jail, along with Sue and that other guy... But then he disappears with Sue and I don't remember seeing him again anywhere.
Well, what happens to Sue ? Misery makes her appear at the end. So, you could say Jack is pretty much screwed, trapped somewhere on the island where Misery teleported him.

Serves him well. He gives neither powerup nor any item at all. Even King leaves you his soul behind.

皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Stifu
Regular

Post by Stifu »

Noxious Ninja wrote:The mushroom is not the evil secret boss. He's just a secret mini-boss.
Oh, good good... I still have to figure out what to do with the "Passage?" and the Statue Room...
Not to mention the underwater pipes in the Plantation...
Stifu
Regular

Post by Stifu »

Ack... I got to Ballos, that fatass is hard... I was convinced his 2nd form would be the last one, then his life bar got fully refilled...

Edit: Beat him this time... Awesome game really. :)
At first I wasn't impressed by the graphics, but they grew on me and I'm very fond of them now... The gameplay is cool, so are the musics, not to mention the story... Really great.
Gigafreak
Hazed

Post by Gigafreak »

Stifu wrote:Ack... I got to Ballos, that fatass is hard... I was convinced his 2nd form would be the last one, then his life bar got fully refilled...

Edit: Beat him this time... Awesome game really. :)
At first I wasn't impressed by the graphics, but they grew on me and I'm very fond of them now... The gameplay is cool, so are the musics, not to mention the story... Really great.
Attack the statues. You'll be glad you did, unless you're playing for speed.
Stifu
Regular

Post by Stifu »

Heh ? I'll try that.

What's the time limit btw ? 10 minutes, maybe ?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

5 minutes. I still haven't done it under that.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Stifu
Regular

Post by Stifu »

You mean that nothing will explode or shit if the limit is passed, it's just to get another ending or something ?

So you have to make it under 5 minutes ? That's crazy.
When I get to Ballos, 4 minutes have already passed... I can't beat all his 3 forms within 1 minute... :?
Gigafreak
Hazed

Post by Gigafreak »

If you clear the sacred passage with a low time, then instead of Quote, you see a different character at the title screen. Also, the theme music changes.

If you beat Ballos with less than six minutes on the timer, you see Curly and hear the Sacred Passage theme song.

With less than five minutes, you see Toroko and hear Toroko's Theme, which is only otherwise available through the seperate music player proggie.

With less than four minutes, you see King and hear a song that isn't available at all otherwise.

With less than THREE minutes, you see Sue and hear... the song that plays in most houses. Bleeeaggh.

I don't think it's possible to do it in under two minutes. But there WAS a hilarious fanart illustrating the possibility...

Arrrgh, I was expecting some kickass new song to reward my (admittedly hacked with max health and infinite missiles) efforts!
Stifu
Regular

Post by Stifu »

Yeah, I know I could hack my save, but I didn't want to...
Gigafreak
Hazed

Post by Gigafreak »

Stifu wrote:Yeah, I know I could hack my save, but I didn't want to...
Yeah, I tried an unhacked run recently, and then I was all, "WTF DIS GAME IZ T3H HARD AGAIN."

And then I promptly slapped myself.
Stifu
Regular

Post by Stifu »

I'm getting better though. I can get to Ballos within 3 minutes instead of 4...
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Gigafreak wrote:If you beat Ballos with less than six minutes on the timer, you see Curly and hear the Sacred Passage theme song.

With less than five minutes, you see Toroko and hear Toroko's Theme, which is only otherwise available through the seperate music player proggie.

With less than four minutes, you see King and hear a song that isn't available at all otherwise.

With less than THREE minutes, you see Sue and hear... the song that plays in most houses. Bleeeaggh.
HOLY SHIT. 3 minutes ? I'm still swarming in angels at that point.
I don't think it's possible to do it in under two minutes. But there WAS a hilarious fanart illustrating the possibility...
Link to funny fanart ?
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Gigafreak
Hazed

Post by Gigafreak »

grinvader wrote:Link to funny fanart ?
From the Oekaki board archive:

BALLOS: PWNED.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

ROFL. Indeed, very motivating... :roll:
皆黙って俺について来い!!

creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Bump!

Check out this thread, looks nice. :)
http://board.acmlm.org/thread.php?id=11448
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

How do you get to the sacred grounds?

P.S. WINE broke CS not long ago. Now I can't play it on my good computer :(

But I got a better video card on my sucky computer and now it plays it perfectly :)
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
Zuzma

Post by Zuzma »

creaothceann wrote:Bump!

Check out this thread, looks nice. :)
http://board.acmlm.org/thread.php?id=11448
:D Sweet!!!
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

That inspires me to finish a few minor things in my save hacking guide and post it. I wonder if anyone unknowingly duplicated my work?
Zuzma

Post by Zuzma »

Well I wouldn't be surprised if someone did do something like for personal use. However I haven't seen any hacking guides floating around for it so you should be fine. Even if there is one maybe make it something special. I dunno do an html document and seperate the data into different sections. You could use some graphics in it like pictures of the items and what not.

Edit: Of coarse that's probably way too much work. Heh maybe I'll try and put one together with your stuff. Though I can't guarantee I'll ever finish it since I barely know basic html and I have a hard time finishing stuff I work on in my spare time. :)
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

kevman wrote:How do you get to the sacred grounds?
Basically, you have to clear the game with the best ending...
The whole curly subquest, the booster v2.0, and the stopwatch... at least.
Then after you defeat the zombie core, enter the small house on the way to the island's edge (if you can't enter, you missed something).
Save there, fall in the hole and get ready for some hot loving action.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

Dwedit
Rookie

Post by Dwedit »

Of course, you can also use Win32 Game Wizard if you need a cheat finder like thingy. Infinate HP and ammo might help you get better times at hell.
"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

[BUMP]

What weapon does Curly use at Sacred Grounds use if you have the nemesis?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Another nemesis. But it blows, there are exp crystals flying everywhere in there, especially if you try for time. And the easy method (get hit to lower the level) isn't a good idea. You want the HPs for Ballos.

Spur + Blade 3 for the winnage
皆黙って俺について来い!!