Nothing but nice words for DarkForce and staff!

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

Cidolfas
Hazed

Post by Cidolfas »

Like I said, neither of the two make a whole lot of sense. I guess you do have a point in that SO3 probably has a better translation than SO2, though.
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

How can it not be better? The only way it could be worse is if it had more spelling errors. The script made sure that none of the characters had any sort of personality.
I don't that there is any way that games like SO2 and BOF2 could ever have been seen by anyone who speaks english natively before going to press. The fact that hobbyist translators, without the source code and without the funds, do so much better jobs than the paid "professionals" says something. And its not good for the japs.
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
Louis Cypher
Devil Summoner

Post by Louis Cypher »

I think it's been "Grave" in most of the Tales games' US releases, though. A lot of the spells in both series originated from the same people too, since most of Wolfteam, after they were disbanded post-Phantasia, ended up forming Tri-Ace and going on to Star Ocean.
[url=http://agtp.romhack.net]Aeon Genesis ~ We eat ham and jam and spam-alot[/url]
Amadalus
Rookie

Post by Amadalus »

Spoony wrote:Ashton is a million times more overrated than anybody besides Spehiroth in any video game ever.
Fixed.

Everyone should know that Bowman's where its at :wink:
Then Ernest
Then Precis
Then Dias (Who is also overrated)

Besides, I just got to playing SO myself (Just got split up form Ronixis and Milly)

EDIT: And Star Ocean has inspired many things in the RPG I am producing (I got the ending system and PA system in, but I have no clue where to start on the Friendship one.)
"HA! What IS this? Sacred Tome!? More like...Sucky...Dumb...Thing!" - Lord Zetta
Lord Erdrick

Post by Lord Erdrick »

I agree. Keep up the good work, friendly folks at DeJap! Thanks to you, I found my second favorite game of all time. *rabidly protects DQV ROM*