Z-Net, zbattle, etc

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

DarkAkuma

Z-Net, zbattle, etc

Post by DarkAkuma »

For years programs have existed that work with ZSNES's netplay feature to help people find others to play SNES multi-player games with online, and to launch those game easily. While zbattle remained the top and sometimes only choice for many years, other programs did exist. But now years later, only one is still around.

ZSNES's netplay feature was removed in the most recent versions. v1.42 is the version most commonly used for netplay now.

Keep in mind that programs like these can't add any extra functionality to ZSNES itself, like for example, the often asked about ability to use 3 or more players all from different computers. They simply connect 2 users and load a game.

------------

Z-Net I
  • This program was originally designed as an exact clone of zbattle, to replace it after it went offline. But it's key difference is using IRC as its backbone, which means it won't go offline easily.
------------

This service is not owned and maintained by the ZSNES developers. Please, before posting troubleshooting related issues with a service like this, first be sure to check it's respective forums/FAQs/manuals. Also be aware that this service may be down at unpredictable times. Unfortunately, we have no control over this.
My Blog
Z-Net Website Page
[url=irc://irc.gamesurge.net/Z-Net]#Z-Net Channel[/url]
#Z-Net Channel (In Web Browser)
swiggu

Re: Z-Net, zbattle, etc

Post by swiggu »

Z-Net's shut down currently, no? Any alternatives I haven't heard of out there currently?
F8Sealed

Re: Z-Net, zbattle, etc

Post by F8Sealed »

Not really. Google doesn't seem to give any hints as to where we can group up. I guess hamachi?