PS2 controller not working, setting all keys to J10

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Paradigm6790

PS2 controller not working, setting all keys to J10

Post by Paradigm6790 »

Hi all,

As the title says, when I try to configure the keys, I select a key and it is instantly set to J10, I don't even have time to see the popup. If I do the "Set Keys" options instead of trying manual, it will not register any input at all (including my keyboard) and I am forced to kill it by alt tabbing. This controller works with other emulators (PS2/Gamecube/etc). I have downloaded the most recent version of zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) today and that did not help either.
Paradigm6790

Re: PS2 controller not working, setting all keys to J10

Post by Paradigm6790 »

Literally nobody? Is this a dead forum or something? This is the official forum for this kind of thing and not a single reply? I guess I should check the dates on the posts more often, huh?
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Or maybe no one knows? Did you want a litany of "I don't use PS2 controllers" and "Dunno, it works fine for me" posts?

BTW...
I dunno. I don't use a PS2 controller.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Switch the analog off before trying to set keys.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:Or maybe no one knows? Did you want a litany of "I don't use PS2 controllers" and "Dunno, it works fine for me" posts?

BTW...
I dunno. I don't use a PS2 controller.
and it has always worked just fine for me.

on my adapters, J10 is the first controller's triangle button. i'd say yours is a little worn and (since it's an analog button) constantly sending a low-level signal.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.