"Star Ocean" Known Bugs & Issues

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

cowfez

Post by cowfez »

On the other hand, I'm 25 minutes in and it's already frozen...
But at least i only lost 5 minutes worth of work, and now I know to use Snes9x.
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

ilazyaaron wrote:Ahh, So tell me is there anyone out there whos played Star Ocean and hasnt had any problems with the game freezing almost every ike 20 min or so? I think the only solution here is to wait for a better emulator...but i worry because zsnes hasnt updated for awhile now. Correct if I'm wrong.
Youre way wrong. If you check the zsnes boards, you will notice that an "official" release has not been done in a while, but WIP releases are done very very often. Check www.ipherswipsite.com

Second, a large portion of crashing issues are not the fault of zsnes or snes9x, but the game itself. Star Ocean on the actual snes had many crashing issues that carry over to zsnes and snes9x.

Third, I will just mention that it is evil to quadruple post technically the same message over and over again, and angers mods.
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

SquareHead wrote:Third, I will just mention that it is evil to quadruple post technically the same message over and over again, and angers mods.
The board was messed up at that time anyway (notice his 0 post count), so it's forgivable. ;)
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

UGH. KEVMAN ANGRY.

MOD SMASH.

Really, that was a mess. So I don't care.

It was a good thing that PF shut it off when he did, though. I couldn't moderate ANYTHING, and I don't think anyone else could edit his/her posts.
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

kevman wrote:and I don't think anyone else could edit his/her posts.
Actually, the board did work, sort of. Make a post, press submit and you would get that error message. So hit back and refresh, and everything was the was it was supposed to be.
Last edited by Agozer on Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

I could make posts. Sure.

But editing, locking, etc, didn't work for me at all
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

ilazyaaron wrote:are you using snes9x? If yes then im not surprised...I'm talking in terms of using Zsnes. Zsnes seems to have no bugs with the graphics...However Snes9x seems to have a lot of highliting problems with the picture and frames.
I used ZSNES, no savestates or cheats, and used only native saves. No crashes whatsoever. I don't know what your doing wrong.
Viskar Nogame

Post by Viskar Nogame »

I am, once again, in an infinite loop of freezing, loading, freezing. God this is so gimp. I've always wanted to play the Translated version (Have played and beaten Jap version. I know japanese) but I wanted to see how good the English version is! But I never shalllll!
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Stop relying on save states that much and use ingame saves.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Viskar Nogame

Post by Viskar Nogame »

Who said I even used Save States?
ffgamer

I cant get my game to work

Post by ffgamer »

could someone help me, I have downloaded many things and followed much advice to get starocean to work, but so far the only thing that is wrong is... instead of the game... I get... effing... COLORED BLOBS!!!! :evil:
I really need help. not professional help, but help from some1 like agozer.
:cry:

btw I'm using zsnes

edit.-DON'T EVER USE THAT COLOR AGAIN.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Just download the latest WIP or official Zsnes version, the newest Zsnes can run SO without GRAPHIC PACKS.

Edit.- Thanks Agozer, no thanks two cartons of beer.
Last edited by Joe Camacho on Sat May 20, 2006 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Joe Camacho wrote:Just download the latest WIP or official Zsnes version, the newest Zsnes can run SO without savestates.
I hope you meant graphics packs. ;)
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Agozer wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:Just download the latest WIP or official Zsnes version, the newest Zsnes can run SO without savestates.
I hope you meant graphics packs. ;)
Yeees.. Hangover posting = Bad.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Cidolfas
Hazed

Post by Cidolfas »

I just started playing Star Ocean again (it took about two years for me to get un-sick of it enough to actually enjoy it) on ZSNES 1.42, and I noticed that the bug where the music stops, which happened fairly rarely on my old version of ZSNES, now happens pretty much every time the scene changes. I don't really want to go back to the old version which required graphics packs... is there some fix somewhere or am I stuck?
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

"Use Snes9X"

Seriously, Snes9X plays the game with no errors. :shock:
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Cidolfas
Hazed

Post by Cidolfas »

Hmm... yeah, but the game seems a lot slower for some reason. Also, I really don't like the key setup (F1 for loading and Shift-F1 for saving confuses me...)
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Yeah, in Linux, that's is reversed. D:<
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
knight4u

Help the noob

Post by knight4u »

Hay can some one help me? I have beat the English vertion of Star Ocean. but i cant identify items, costomise items, or forge items. is that because of some bug or is it that i just dont know how
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

To get the various abilities you have to train their corresponding skills (some require several skills). Hard to believe you genuinely finished the game without even knowing that.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
MorteTheSkull
Hazed

Post by MorteTheSkull »

eh, I finished Final Fantasy Tactics Advance without knowing you gain abilities from items you equip.
And I beat FF6 without realizing that Espers can be used to boost stats instead of just learning spells (I did that when I was like, 10 though)
"Did you see the way that female zombie was looking at me?"
"You're imagining things, Morte."