Problem with save states in linux

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

phaedrus961

Problem with save states in linux

Post by phaedrus961 »

I've got zsnes v1.42 compiled and running perfectly on linux with only one problem. If I specify a rom file with a path name on the command line (e.g. zsnes /usr/games/roms/snes/supermetroid.smc) the save states do not work correctly. It seems to set every state to state zero, so if I save to state 4, then loading from any state file will load this state. However, if I were to now restart zsnes without specifying a rom file and then load the rom from the gui, then what I just saved to state 4 is shown as state zero and all other states are free. So it seems that when a rom is specified on the command line all save states look at the file for state zero. Strangely, if I am in the same directory as the rom and specify it without the path (e.g. zsnes supermetroid.smc) then save states work correctly. It seems to only happen when a path is also given, relative or absolute. Anyone have an idea what the problem might be?