New Media Player Classic.

Place to talk about all that new hardware and decaying software you have.

Moderator: General Mods

Pool?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:51 pm

a
No votes
simon?
100%

Total votes: 7

DEFIANT
Joystick Jedi

Post by DEFIANT »

Aerdan wrote:
Noxious Ninja wrote:
Aerdan wrote:Bah. It doesn't like the DefilerPak, so it can kiss my ass.
What's wrong? I've never used the DefilerPak, but it looks like it should work just fine.
The DefilerPak is the only package of codecs I've found that can play nearly every single video/audio format under the sun. It is comprised of:

ffdshow
AC3Filter
CoreAAC DirectShow filter
Ogg DirectShow filter
CoreVorbis
Matroska DirectShow filter
VSFilter
DivX Audio

It can be found here.
thats the combo im using. love it, works great. also tried the k-lite pack too. but it had alot of decoders id never use. so defiler pack it is.

~DEFIANT
[img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2365/pirateuserbartv2.jpg[/img]
E=mc²
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people." -V
[url=http://sc2.sourceforge.net/]The Ur-Quan Masters[/url]
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

This is a nice music player; it's ideally designed how I like software to be designed: It's simple, has a nice interface, everything's in one or two files (no extra .dll's and stuff all over the place.), and has an option to use an .ini file instead of the registry for configuration settings (I prefer to avoid the registry when possible.).
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

DEFIANT wrote:
Aerdan wrote:
Noxious Ninja wrote:
Aerdan wrote:Bah. It doesn't like the DefilerPak, so it can kiss my ass.
What's wrong? I've never used the DefilerPak, but it looks like it should work just fine.
The DefilerPak is the only package of codecs I've found that can play nearly every single video/audio format under the sun. It is comprised of:

ffdshow
AC3Filter
Ogg DirectShow filter
CoreVorbis
VSFilter
DivX Audio

It can be found here.
thats the combo im using. love it, works great. also tried the k-lite pack too. but it had alot of decoders id never use. so defiler pack it is.

~DEFIANT
I'll give it a shot. I mean, with a domain like hellninjacommando, it can't be that bad.
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Aerdan wrote:AC3Filter
Ogg DirectShow filter
CoreVorbis
This decoder functionality is built into Media Player Classic, although prior to the recent release, or CVS builds if you were keeping up, the Matroska filter was a little behind current development. In which case, you would have been wise to disable the internal splitter and install the official DirectShow filter.

So, once again. Media Player Classic, ffdshow*, QuickTime (Alternative, if you prefer), Real (Alternative, again, if you prefer), and maybe the Matroska splitter. If it still doesn't play, it probably wasn't worth downloading in the first place.

* Be sure to reconfigure ffdshow at least once after installing. Rundll32 ffdshow.ax,configure, if there's still no supplied shortcut or utility. There are a lot of mostly bug-free decoders which are disabled by default, some of which either lack a DirectShow decoder or would require their own dedicated filter.

Oops, almost forgot VSFilter. While MPC does have built-in subtitle support, it is minimal compared to the full VobSub package, or even VSFilter. Hmm, strike that, I almost forgot that ffdshow has built-in support for subtitles, and should be sufficient for most cases.

Crap, details just keep coming up. I guess MPC only supports the OGG container, but not Vorbis audio. Bleh, throw in CoreVorbis as well.