NSRT deinterleave (better title, no ?)

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

NSRT deinterleave (better title, no ?)

Post by Guest »

I just downloaded nsrt.you know to try to"deinterleave"(even though zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) already sees the rom as not interleaved)my yoshi island rom.I downloaded the windows version and it won't to run! NOW WHAT?

[topic title turned from " to something easier to click, for those who feel they must use a mouse... - grinvader]
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

Strange topic title...
NSRT is a command line tool. It does not have a GUI. Read the Documentation for insructions.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

If you can't figure it out, download 3.2 as it has a GUI.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by Guest »

you know that's an ingenious idea there,but that damnedest thing is there are no instructions on using it in the README,and It sure would have been thoughtful to include instructions since not everyone has used a"command line" tool

Post by Guest »

dude.same thing with 3.2 its absolutely useless to me
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Perhaps instructions should also be included for loading a program via Windows and opening readme files?

http://www.c3scripts.com/tutorials/msdos/
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Controlled Force wrote:dude.same thing with 3.2 its absolutely useless to me
You loaded nsrtgui.exe?

Post by Agozer »

Oh for fuck sake...

nsrt -deint whatever.smc

The Readme has very clear instructions on how to use NSRT.
Last edited by Agozer on Thu May 12, 2005 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.

Post by Guest »

Wow a little effort does pay off...sometimes.ok finally got 3.2 working,way better having GUI in applications than those without one.Deinterleaved the rom and for my surprise it does work!
stank you all smelly much for the help,for real!

Post by Guest »

and oh yeah,don't cuss Agozer,what will people think?

Post by Guest »

any other roms notorious for bad coding I should know about?since I share most of them on p2p dont want to share bad roms
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Controlled Force wrote:any other roms notorious for bad coding I should know about?since I share most of them on p2p dont want to share bad roms
Interleaved rom images aren't "bad coding". ZSNES just doesn't support those.
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

1. Some Actraiser II ROMs out there are interleaved.
2. Use the edit button instead of making three posts in a row.
3. Stop saying "dude" and learn how to use commas and periods.
4. Learn how to read instructions.
5. Go away.

Post by Guest »

Ahhh thanks for the tips,mucho appreciated.
One feature request I'd like to leave before I go.I'd really love to see eventually an option to custom name each save slot in the next version because I bet many people forget what slot holds which save after a while of shuffling around through their favorite roms.
thanks
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Creating a shortcut of NSRT.exe and adding the parameters in the target box and moving the rom to the same folder as NSRT and renaming it to a simpler name with no spaces works good, although your hair may go grey and possibly fall out in the amount of time it takes to perform such an operation.

PS: That thread title is incredibly hard to click. Nice job.
Last edited by Clements on Thu May 12, 2005 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Controlled Force wrote:Ahhh thanks for the tips,mucho appreciated.
One feature request I'd like to leave before I go.I'd really love to see eventually an option to custom name each save slot in the next version because I bet many people forget what slot holds which save after a while of shuffling around through their favorite roms.
thanks
What does shuffling through games have to do with it? Each ROM image has it's own set of 10 states.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Controlled Force wrote:Ahhh thanks for the tips,mucho appreciated.
thanks
What does shuffling through games have to do with it? Each ROM image has it's own set of 10 states.
My guess is he never figured out the easy and excellent F3 menu, and instead uses pick state from the GUI.

Post by Nightcrawler »

Actually, I don't think it's that bad of an idea to maybe offer a discription line for a savestate. The picture obviously gives you a great hint as to what your savestate is, but sometimes it would be nice to have say a few word description with it.

Some of my savestates are black screens because I saved it as one screen exited and another will begin for romhacking purposes. After a few months.. I have several black save states and don't remember why I had any of them! hehe
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

On the subject of NSRT, I've written a how-to for how to use it on the ZSNES Wiki page. I made a mention of deinterleaving ROMs as well.

http://zsnes.ownsjoo.info/wiki/index.ph ... ROMs/Games

Feel free to make any edits or clarifications if necessary. :)
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Nightcrawler wrote:Actually, I don't think it's that bad of an idea to maybe offer a discription line for a savestate. The picture obviously gives you a great hint as to what your savestate is, but sometimes it would be nice to have say a few word description with it.

Some of my savestates are black screens because I saved it as one screen exited and another will begin for romhacking purposes. After a few months.. I have several black save states and don't remember why I had any of them! hehe
Heh.
You make a good argument.

I CAN see uses, just not the one that prompted the request.
Richard C.
Lurker

Post by Richard C. »

anyone else, besides agozer, find controlled force annoying as hell?
Latest ZSNES release: [url=http://zsnes.ipherswipsite.com]ZSNES 11/12/06 WIP[/url]
Latest NSRT release: [url=http://nsrt.edgeemu.com/]NSRT 3.3 Final[/url]
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Richard C. wrote:
Why ? Don't feed the blast-ended skrewts, as they say.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

grinvader wrote:
Richard C. wrote:
Why ? Don't feed the blast-ended skrewts, as they say.
Skrewts? That's a new to me. :mrgreen:
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Agozer wrote:Skrewts? That's a new to me. :mrgreen:
(c) J.K. Rowling, aka 'the wench who makes kiddy books I like.'

But quidditch sucks. And Harry is a wuss. I'm waiting for the tome in which Severus finally snaps and pummels him into orange marmalade. And burns his fucking broom.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

grinvader wrote:
Agozer wrote:Skrewts? That's a new to me. :mrgreen:
(c) J.K. Rowling, aka 'the wench who makes kiddy books I like.'

But quidditch sucks. And Harry is a wuss. I'm waiting for the tome in which Severus finally snaps and pummels him into orange marmalade. And burns his fucking broom.
Haw. That would rule.

Wait, why did this turn into a talk about Harry Potter? Must a secret to everybody.