Megaman X Bug (II) (WIP, DOS)

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

NiteFox
Rookie

Megaman X Bug (II) (WIP, DOS)

Post by NiteFox »

No, not the subtank half-fill bug (Though that is present), I've noticed these two bugs with the current DOS WIP version, as well as a previous (Can't remember exactly), definately not present in the previous final build.

CRC32: 1033EBA4

First bug: Pickups dropped by enemies vanish on contact with the ground sometimes. This seemed to happen all the way through Chill Penguin's stage, but not during Armored Armidillo's or the first Sigma stage (Not sure about the intro, I wasn't paying any attention to items then), this is at the very least annoying.

Second bug: Much more fun. The game sorta soft-resets from time to time (Kinda like the Super Metroid bug), ending the stage and giving you a password screen. Now, during the Sigma stages this isn't a problem, well if you don't think of the stage ending unfinished and forcing you to do it again a problem, and the bug doesn't seem to affect stages that you've already cleared (Managed to get through Armored Armidillo's stage enough times for the Hadoken without reprucussions).

Elsewhere - and this bug can strike at any time, you can actually finish a stage, get the weapon, and the password before it happens - You wind up back on the intro stage.

Without any of the body upgrades.

But with any weapons you gathered.

And Heart Tanks.

And Sub Tanks.

http://staff.samods.org/nitefox/personal/mmx01.png

Now, I don't know what happens if you finish the stage again with this enormous benefit, but it's something I vow to do soon. I would have done it before, but I stupidly decided to use the godly Storm Tornado on the beecopters...

http://staff.samods.org/nitefox/personal/mmx02.pnghttp://staff.samods.org/nitefox/personal/mmx03.png

Don't do this at home.
Last edited by NiteFox on Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://avatar.samods.org]Star Alliance Avatars[/url]
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Re: Megaman X Bug (II) (WIP, DOS)

Post by Joe Camacho »

NiteFox wrote: Second bug: Much more fun. The game sorta soft-resets from time to time (Kinda like the Super Metroid bug), ending the stage and giving you a password screen.
I recall this to be a known issue in MMX 1.0 rom, I think is some kind of copy protection, look for version 1.1 of the rom.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Starman Ghost
Trooper

Post by Starman Ghost »

Yes, both these bugs are in the 1.0 rom only. The energy vanishing only seems to occur after the soft-reset glitch.
[code]<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks?
<TheXPhial> vaccuums
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks in a metaphorical sense?
<TheXPhial> black holes
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what just isn't cool?
<TheXPhial> lava?[/code]
NiteFox
Rookie

Post by NiteFox »

Megabyte wrote:Yes, both these bugs are in the 1.0 rom only. The energy vanishing only seems to occur after the soft-reset glitch.
Before as well. Like I said, I started a fresh game, got through the intro stage, and it started to occur throughout Chill Penguin's stage before the game soft-reset.

And I've only ever experienced this bug with the WIP ZSNES versions. I've actually completed the 1.0 ROM from start to finish (At least twice in one sitting) with various final builds (1.14, 1.17, 1.337, 1.36 and maybe more) without even catching wind of this bug.
[url=http://avatar.samods.org]Star Alliance Avatars[/url]
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

NiteFox wrote:
Megabyte wrote:Yes, both these bugs are in the 1.0 rom only. The energy vanishing only seems to occur after the soft-reset glitch.
Before as well. Like I said, I started a fresh game, got through the intro stage, and it started to occur throughout Chill Penguin's stage before the game soft-reset.

And I've only ever experienced this bug with the WIP ZSNES versions. I've actually completed the 1.0 ROM from start to finish (At least twice in one sitting) with various final builds (1.14, 1.17, 1.337, 1.36 and maybe more) without even catching wind of this bug.
Maybe a Megaman X hack was implemented in the past versions to stop those glitches, but it was removed in the WIP versions. Am I right?
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

100% right.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by snkcube »

Wow, I feel happy. :lol:
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform