Logic3 rumble pad wont work on my zsnesw 1.51. Please help

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

dawudbryant

Logic3 rumble pad wont work on my zsnesw 1.51. Please help

Post by dawudbryant »

Hi

For some reason my laptop and pc won’t run my logic3 rumble pad. My mate had the exact same pad and it worked but mine don’t. The computers recognise the controllers but they don’t work anymore on my zsnesw application. I hate playing with the keypad so please help me guys. Thanks

D
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: Logic3 rumble pad wont work on my zsnesw 1.51. Please he

Post by odditude »

did you reconfigure input #1?
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
dawudbryant

Post by dawudbryant »

No...i havent done anything. Im a computer retard. Lol
odditude

Post by odditude »

you have to set up the controller before it will work - refer to the readme.
dawudbryant

Post by dawudbryant »

In control panel i tested in the controller. The pc recognises the controller but it doesnt work with zsnesw. Wheres the readme? I didnt get a cd with it.
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

In ZSNES, go to config-input #1 and set it to keyboard/gamepad, then just map the buttons & D-pad as they're listed in the config menu. I don't know much about the pad you have but you should set it up as if it were a real SNES controller(R1=R, L1=L, 1=Y, 2=X, 3=B, 4=A, 9=select, 10=start). It mimics a PS controller so it should get the job done. I hope that D-pad is precise enough for platformers, shmups and fighters but it should be very easy to set up.
odditude

Post by odditude »

dawudbryant wrote:In control panel i tested in the controller. The pc recognises the controller but it doesnt work with zsnesw. Wheres the readme? I didnt get a cd with it.
look in the docs folder. you have your choice of either plain text or rich html.

generally, we're far more willing to help if you've shown any effort at all to help yourself.
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

Every pad I've ever used since 1998 has been very easy to set up in ZSNES without me having to even glance at the readmes. I used to use one of those 4-button Gravis gamepads in '98 so I really only played RPGs back in the day. Anyway, if you go to the input submenu at the very top of the config menu and set input 1 to keyboard/gamepad, the rest should be ridiculously easy. If your PC recognizes it, the mapping should be obvious.

In my last post, I looked up your controller and gave you precise setup instructions so your pad will be mapped like a SNES controller. Now I'm the 2nd least tech savvy person on this board :P