.CHT will not auto load if ZSNES is started via a Frontend

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Tronald

.CHT will not auto load if ZSNES is started via a Frontend

Post by Tronald »

Hopefully one of you zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) guru's can help me!

I built an arcade for my kids, and threw the ZSNES emulator on it. I created some cheat files for various games due to the fact that my kids are young and die every three seconds. I have the files selected to autoload, and they do if I open ZSNES directly, but if the emulator is opened via a frontend right into a rom file the .cht's won't autoload for some reason. If I open the cheat menu and click load however, it pops right up.

I am using MALA as my front end, but I understand this problem happens anytime a game/ZSNES is opened via command line.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Justin
paulguy
Zealot

Re: .CHT will not auto load if ZSNES is started via a Fronte

Post by paulguy »

Probably not setting up the working directory correctly. See if your frontend has that option or create a batch file that changes to zsnes's directory then launches zsnes passing the environment through.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Tronald

Post by Tronald »

I like how my post was edited to make me look like an A-Hole! Well played.

The front end does have an option to run pre-commands, but what in the world do I type into the batch? My paths for the emulator are as follows.

.EXE C:\Emulators\SNES
ROM PATH C:\Emulators\SNES\ROMS
SAVE PATH C:\Emulators\SNES\Saves

Thank you for your help.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

Tronald wrote:I like how my post was edited to make me look like an A-Hole! Well played.
nope - you fell afoul of one of the board filters.

out of curiosity, does the frontend you're using allow for an arbitrary commandline for zsnes? if so, you can create a shortcut to zsnes with the working directory set properly, and then have the frontend call that shortcut instead of zsnes directly...
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Tronald

Post by Tronald »

My Frontend can do that, I will give it a shot. Is there good instructions anywhere on setting up the shortcut google hasn't been that helpful?
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

right-click and drag the .exe, choose create shortcut here. right-click the shortcut, choose properties, on the second tab make sure that the working directory is explicitly set to the zsnes directory.

edit: damn autocorrect
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Tronald

Post by Tronald »

Tried it and it won't work if I set it to auto load directly into a ROM. All my other config options are working so it is pulling the .cfg file, but the command line load won't pull the .cht file specifically. I did some research and this seems like an unresolved recurring issue. If anybody finds a solution let me know.
ronaldoplopes

Post by ronaldoplopes »

I'm using ZSNES with Maximus Arcade and have the same problem in ZSNES does not automatically bring up the cheat when you start fronted by, the cheat only works by the ZSNES menu .... Any solution?

thank you