Is that time again, I need help.

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Mexandrew
Taco Kid DX

Is that time again, I need help.

Post by Mexandrew »

I just found a sweet device to use 2 joypads with a single joypad/joystick port. This is just great because the controllers I use don't need special drivers, and support all but 2 buttons of the real SNES controller. The question is, will Zsnes support the 2 joypads with the device?

I know about the 209h address option or something like that for a second joypad port, but still I'm not sure if the device will get well with Zsnes.
B R O K E N .
AntoineWG
Trooper

Post by AntoineWG »

They'll only work if the gamepads have 2 buttons each. The gameport spec only supports 4 buttons and 4 axes. 4-button gamepads are already using all 4 buttons. The ones with more buttons and special features that require special drivers use a digital protocol developed for the gameport.
[i]"It is better to have tried and failed than to have failed to try, but the result's the same." - Mike Dennison[/i]
Mexandrew
Taco Kid DX

Post by Mexandrew »

Zsnes DOS supports the controllers just fine without needing extra drivers or custom drivers. They are 6 button pads (You know, 4 buttons and 4 axis). I'll buy the item to crack it open and bring screenshots.

Edit:

Nevermind, I did a research, and seems that AntoineWG is right, with the freaken thing I can only use 2 button pads at the same time. Anyway, It still will be fun to play with 2 pads and share the keyboard =P
B R O K E N .