Is it possible to load saves?

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Zero_

Is it possible to load saves?

Post by Zero_ »

I was wondering, me and my friends want to play Secret of Mana 2 together, and I have a save on my PC, where it begins with the 3 characters.

Now, I haven't tried it, since they aren't online, but is it possible for us to load the save on my PC, and so that we all continue from my save place?

Thanks.
Superluigi9

Post by Superluigi9 »

yeah you can it had to be on remote, its above disconnect
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

In-game saves, yes. It's not encouraged to use save states because it might cause problems on netplay.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Zero_

Post by Zero_ »

Oh, alright cool. Thanks, I just tried it, and it works. One thing I'm curious, can more than 2 people be in a server? Looking at the Readme, it keeps referring to "friend" and "person" rather than "friends" so I'm not exactly sure. There are controls for up to 6 people, but...

Can anyone confirm this, can more then 2 players be in a server? Secret of Mana 2 would be so much more fun.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Four or five people can play, as long as you only play in two computers. At least for now.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Zero_

Post by Zero_ »

Ah damn, so only two computers? Oh well, will there be any change to this in the immediate future?
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Zero_ wrote:Ah damn, so only two computers? Oh well, will there be any change to this in the immediate future?
The netplay code is in the process of being improved, the old netplay code has been hopefully removed.
Cyrus
Trooper

Post by Cyrus »

Ah yes I keep forgetting that Zsnes only supports 2 computers for netplay... That explains why I couldn't get a 3rd person playing for Seiken Densetsu 3 way back when. Btw... is that even 3 players? It should be...
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

FireKnight wrote:Ah yes I keep forgetting that Zsnes only supports 2 computers for netplay... That explains why I couldn't get a 3rd person playing for Seiken Densetsu 3 way back when. Btw... is that even 3 players? It should be...
"Seiken Densetsu 3 is three player" is the biggest misconception of all time, I'm afraid. It is two-player only.
Ash83

Post by Ash83 »

Edited.

Delete please.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Just in case it wasn't obvious.. thread necromancy is evil, and SD3 has a hack to enable 3 player - obtainable at http://www.romhacking.net
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...