No, I really meant Z_NES.

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Tony_Knightcrawler

No, I really meant Z_NES.

Post by Tony_Knightcrawler »

I was just wondering if anyone's ever suggested a Z_NES. The thing is that ZSNES's netplay is the most persistent (it seems to work even if either side have firewalls or connection trouble) and most consistent (it doesn't lag, jump, or get out of sync) and most compatible (at least in the early versions of ZSNES) out of any emulator me and some of my friends have really ever tried. I'd love to see these netplay features in an NES emulator, especially one that would allow 4 players to connect. Maybe other people would like this, as well.

P.S.: I have two versions of ZSNES, a fairly new one and a fairly old one. Are there any newer versions that let the SuperScope, Mouse, or multitap to work in netplay? And do any of the new versions use less than 99% of a system's processor?
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

It's not going to happen, at least not by the ZSNES authors. :wink:
The Sage Of Time
Hazed

Post by The Sage Of Time »

Blast you bypassed the filter.. Ah well, anyways..
It's not going to happen, if for no other reason than the fact that there are enough NES emulators already.
cdbsi
Rookie

Post by cdbsi »

There need to be more (and better quality) n64 emulators!!
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

I agree. Project 64 is very good, and Nemu64 looks rad once you apply PJ64's plugins. Still, one cannot expect a perfect emulator.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Tony_Knightcrawler

Well, it was worth asking anyway. And if they ever do change their minds, I'll be very happy. Hey, if anyone in here knows how to create custom rom files that can be read by ZSNES (I know it's been done), it'd be rocking to have an NES emulator rom. Just load that rom in ZSNES, then load the NES rom you want. Well, we can all dream, right?
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Tony_Knightcrawler wrote:Well, it was worth asking anyway. And if they ever do change their minds, I'll be very happy. Hey, if anyone in here knows how to create custom rom files that can be read by ZSNES (I know it's been done), it'd be rocking to have an NES emulator rom. Just load that rom in ZSNES, then load the NES rom you want. Well, we can all dream, right?
Theres no point of adding a NES on ZSNES. ZSNES's purpose is to emulate the SNES. The SNES never had a NES on it. So this is really pointless. And yes, we can all dream. :wink:
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Tony_Knightcrawler

Well, I really just want ZSNES's netplay features on an NES emulator.:-P That's what I was going at.
themewin
Lack of Imagination

Post by themewin »

What is the obsession with this idea I have also seen it on the zbattle forums.
The Sage Of Time
Hazed

There are several NES emulators with online features that work just as well if you have everything configured properly.
It's hardly a justified cause to make another NES emulator, especially when there are so many decent ones already..
Tony_Knightcrawler

I guess I'm either dealing with a personal problem or we simply haven't tried enough NES emulators, then. I'd say we've tried about 7.
cdbsi
Rookie

Post by cdbsi »

The obsession obviously isn't for an nes emulator with the zsnes netplay. It is obviously an underlying need for one called "zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator)". I say that I write a quick "hello world" type app but call it "zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) emulator". Only then will everyone be happy. :)
The Sage Of Time
Hazed

Tony_Knightcrawler wrote:I guess I'm either dealing with a personal problem or we simply haven't tried enough NES emulators, then. I'd say we've tried about 7.
More likely than not, it is a configuration problem between you and your friend.
And for future reference, requesting an entire emulator will never be taken seriously, especially around here.
It takes quite a bit of work to code an emulator.. It's not a simple task, and certainly not sometthing that can be done quickly.
Tony_Knightcrawler

Indeed. I am aware of that. Of course, it never hurts to show interest.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

IceFox wrote:It's not going to happen, at least not by the ZSNES authors. :wink:
:roll:

One of the ZSNES authors works on his own NES emulator.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

What emulator is that?
Mexandrew
Taco Kid DX

Post by Mexandrew »

Nach wrote:
IceFox wrote:It's not going to happen, at least not by the ZSNES authors. :wink:
:roll:

One of the ZSNES authors works on his own NES emulator.
And who is that one?
B R O K E N .
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

I think it's ipher.
Mexandrew
Taco Kid DX

Post by Mexandrew »

FakeNES? He made it? I thought it was only WIPs.
B R O K E N .
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

mexandrew wrote:FakeNES? He made it? I thought it was only WIPs.
I just took a guess. ipher's the only one I can think out of my head.
DarkDragoon
Soul Hacker

Post by DarkDragoon »

Both ipher (just for WIPs) and stainless/siloh work on it.
Last edited by DarkDragoon on Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, deep in space and time
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, forever in your mind
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive
'cause if you try, you can do anything
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

Oh, I didn't think that ipher was considered a ZSNES author--I thought he was just a WIP releaser (though I realize that he has made a few contributions to the code as well).
Malcster
Hazed

Post by Malcster »

Ipher doesn't code a NES emulator, he doesn't code anything. He just releases WIPs for both main Snes emulators, and Siloh's NES emulator.
jj_frap
Rookie

lol...Another ZSNES?

Post by jj_frap »

There are NES emulators I don't even like (like that lame and useless DOS-only RockNES 4) that are more accurate with their emulation than ZSNES due to the (relative) simplicity of NES emulation.

So let them focus on getting a console that needs far more work than the NES does as perfect as possible.
ieremiou
Rookie

Post by ieremiou »

Have you guys taken a look at FCE Ultra?

I like it and even if the dev considers developement on it pointless now. I still think it is one of the better windows emulators. He still works on it from time to time but only to fix bugs here and there. He's seems kinda miffed about working on it nowadays.
Lol. I think it could be even better if somebody could help develop more for it. He doesn't mind clean patches and contributions for that sort of thing.