Pasting cheats into zsnes?

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

ilovebatgirl

Pasting cheats into zsnes?

Post by ilovebatgirl »

Hi. Longtime user/reader, firstt-time poster. I have compiled all of the cheat codes for the games that I play regularly, but some games (i.e. Final Fantasy III) have many codes. I would like to use the cut and paste function while switching between winXP and the emulator, but when I try, I only get a "V." I have also tried downloading many freeware utilities (my usual approach to a software issue) to attempt to enable cutting and pasting with one keystroke, but alas, the innovative approach failed me! A "V" still shows up when I try to input the code (apparently, the freeware programs simply map the windows "ctrl+V" to paste.

Any help out there for a lazy cheater?

Thanks in advance.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Perhaps paste it into Snes9x then just use the .cht file in ZSNES.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

but are they compatiable?

Post by ilovebatgirl »

Wow... Thanks. Before I DL snes9x, though, are the two .cht formats compatiable, as you imply?

Thanks again. Funny how much of a newbie I can be, after such a long time reading all these posts, other online info, and imagining all of the problems. I guess you've just got to have the correct mindset/aptitide for it, as you seem to have.
Richard C.
Lurker

Post by Richard C. »

they use the same .cht format.
Latest ZSNES release: [url=http://zsnes.ipherswipsite.com]ZSNES 11/12/06 WIP[/url]
Latest NSRT release: [url=http://nsrt.edgeemu.com/]NSRT 3.3 Final[/url]
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Re: but are they compatiable?

Post by Nach »

ilovebatgirl wrote:Wow... Thanks. Before I DL snes9x, though, are the two .cht formats compatiable, as you imply?
Snes9x copied the ZSNES cheat format exactly.

Snes9x also loads ZSNES save states, but it has it's own Save State format.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.