ips divider program?

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

Coolanm60000

ips divider program?

Post by Coolanm60000 »

is there a program that can divide the patches inside an ips to delete a patch that you dont want to install to the game? because in Star Ocean the voices are crap and i want to delete them from the patch. please answer.
Tomato
Hazed

Post by Tomato »

There are no voices in Dejap's Star Ocean patch. But if you want voices gone altogether, then you might be able to turn them off in the sound menu on the title screen.
Coolanm60000

Post by Coolanm60000 »

i mean that you guys put in the voices in english but i dont like the voices in english... i want them in japanese (i dont know why but i like the sound of the japanese speaking. its like if im actually playing the original game but with english translation). it's just that i want the voices, but in japanese. in english when you are in battle, everytime you attack the voice of the character crashes and sounds horrable. i just wanna know if there is a program that can take the voices patch out of the ips.
Tomato
Hazed

Post by Tomato »

Um, we didn't make any English-voice patches. So I don't know what to tell you. The intro is in English in the original, everything else is Japanese. We didn't change any voices in our patch.
Coolanm60000

Post by Coolanm60000 »

... sorry :oops:
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

It sounds like you are either a victim of a pre-patched ROM or mistook the voice patch being from DeJap. If it was a pre-patched ROM, please refrain from downloading prepatched ROMs in the future if you did, because they are frowned upon by romhackers. We distribute in IPS patch format because it's a legal way of distributing our work. Distributing a prepatched ROM would be illegal and in fact, someone else giving away our work in a prepatched ROMs could possibly shine the eye of a company or enforcement agency our direction and shut us down. None of us want to get shut down due to somebody else's actions with our work!

So if you support us in our work on fan translations, please refrain from downloading prepatched ROMs. If you didn't, it's still something we like people to be aware of.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

He would've complained even with a clean ROM, since Star Ocean always had english voices in the intro.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
MorteTheSkull
Hazed

Post by MorteTheSkull »

haha, I love the voice acting in the intro. Especially how the captain, you can like, barely understand him, then the chick says, clear as day "would you like some coffee?". Implying that the captain is just like, mumbling. I mean, how would you take orders from that guy?
"Did you see the way that female zombie was looking at me?"
"You're imagining things, Morte."
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

MorteTheSkull wrote:haha, I love the voice acting in the intro. Especially how the captain, you can like, barely understand him, then the chick says, clear as day "would you like some coffee?". Implying that the captain is just like, mumbling. I mean, how would you take orders from that guy?
Well yeah, the captains voice is extremely muffled, unless you mess around with the Equalizer.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
LobStar
Lurker

Post by LobStar »

Agozer wrote:
MorteTheSkull wrote:haha, I love the voice acting in the intro. Especially how the captain, you can like, barely understand him, then the chick says, clear as day "would you like some coffee?". Implying that the captain is just like, mumbling. I mean, how would you take orders from that guy?
Well yeah, the captains voice is extremely muffled, unless you mess around with the Equalizer.
It also has to do with it being something like 8000hz I belive while the female voice is 16000 or something... its been too long, I can't remember precisely the exact values.
... Ever take a look at the Earthbound ROM? I SWEAR THE PROGRAMMERS WERE ON CRACK WHEN THEY DID IT! JUST LOOK AT IT!