header question

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

Shen13

header question

Post by Shen13 »

I'm trying to play a translated patched japanese game called something something Cross Dimension 0079, its a mobile suit gundam game. I'm not sure what the first two words are... I think its Kido Senshi. The point is is that in the readme file it says I need to add a header, I don't know how to do this. I do have snestool and I tried to use the function, it asked two questions, one about hirom or something and one about static ram, I answered yes to both since I didn't know what to do. Could someone help me with this?

Also, I'm having the same trouble running two english patched games called Monstaria and Dual Orb 2, does anyone know if they need headers or anything? I patched them like usually and went to run them and nothing happens...
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Use NSRT to add a header.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Shen13

Post by Shen13 »

whats snrt and where do I get it and how do I use it? I'm totally new to adding headers and I just started using roms like I week ago
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

You can get NSRT, here. You have to use command prompt so it can be tricky. Read the docs that come with it for more info.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Use NSRT with "nsrt -addhead romname.ext"
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Shen13

Post by Shen13 »

okay I downloaded all the dlls and the front end and then the actual nsrt into the same folder and now I click on the nsrt program and a dos box opens, flashing some text really fast and immediately closes... and I can't do anything. Help?
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Shen13 wrote:okay I downloaded all the dlls and the front end and then the actual nsrt into the same folder and now I click on the nsrt program and a dos box opens, flashing some text really fast and immediately closes... and I can't do anything. Help?
Like it was said before NSRT is a command line tool, and it doesn't magically work just by double-clicking the executable. You do know how to use the Command Prompt, don't you? Please say you do.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Shen13

yes

Post by Shen13 »

yes, thank you dickhead, I do. But the problem is the command window comes up and then instantly closes itself in like half a second before I can even do anything. there's no time to enter a command... why would it auto-close?
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Re: yes

Post by Joe Camacho »

Shen13 wrote:yes, thank you dickhead, I do. But the problem is the command window comes up and then instantly closes itself in like half a second before I can even do anything. there's no time to enter a command... why would it auto-close?
That was totally unnecesary, calling people dickheads and still asking for advice?

AFAIK, you must use nsrt from the command line from the beginning.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: yes

Post by grinvader »

The command prompts remains open a duration directly proportional to your IQ, kiddo.
If you want help, don't call people names.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Re: header question

Post by Nightcrawler »

Shen13 wrote: Also, I'm having the same trouble running two english patched games called Monstaria and Dual Orb 2, does anyone know if they need headers or anything? I patched them like usually and went to run them and nothing happens...
If you READ THE README that comes with Dual Orb 2, you'd be able to answer one of your own questions. It will tell you if you need a header or not.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Use the GUI version (NSRT3GUI.exe) that comes with v3.2 of NSRT.

byes