Yuber::thread.fork(SIGDERAIL);

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

Yuber
Trooper

Re: Yuber::thread.fork(SIGDERAIL);

Post by Yuber »

Earlier this evening, I was watching what I think was a new episode of ancient aliens, and jizzhair and his butt buddies created another amazing and obviously true theory. They "theorized" that the pineal gland in the brain(produces melatonin & generally helps control our sleep cycles) IS A NATURAL, BIOLOGICAL STAR GATE WE CAN ALL USE TO TRAVEL BACK AND FORWARD IN TIME WITH! Those brilliant scientists never fail to amaze me, and because the legends of a third eye are speculated to be based on the pineal gland, spooge-head and all the other geniuses postulated that it's clearly a star gate we can use to communicate with our ancient alien ancestors and of course time travel with; it's totally obvious. Only foolish plebs question these geniuses, as they're among the messengers chosen by our ass probing ancestors to give us light and wisdom in the form of obviously true, unsubstantiated new age gibberish.

The great young Einstein with the luminous head of spooge is probably flying around in a UFO right now, giving birth to alien human hybrids through his twink asshole. Only the coolest guys are allowed to get probed by our overlords in flying saucers, and frankly, I never want to be cool enough to experience such things. I'm simply not worthy, but the brilliant scientists interviewed during ancient aliens are clearly worthy of such an honor. Their enlightening theories have illuminated the pineal star gates of so many troglodytes, opening their once closed minds to the ancient knowledge of our alien ancestors. The pyramids are 10,000+ year old star gates, Stonehenge was made by levitating huge stones with alien technology, and even our brains contain natural star gates that will lead us all into a wonderful world of weird alien butt stuff. Fantastic!
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

something tells me the #define directive for SIGDERAIL is about 3k of text...
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

SIGDERAIL is implementation-dependent.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

grinvader wrote:SIGDERAIL is implementation-dependent.
On a few platforms SIGDERAIL can be implemented with a single misused punctuation mark.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, well other than giving me a hard time for derailing conversations. Everyone knows that ZSNES was programmed by ancient aliens thousands of years ago, as prophesied by Nostradamus. You can make anything out of his "prophecies" so the coming awesomeness of the SNES was clearly predicted by him and I'm not giving you dirty plebeians any evidence of it either, as only those chosen by the ancient aliens are allowed to see the evidence of my obvious claim. You plebs try in vain to reverse engineer ZSNES, but the wisdom of the ancient buttplowers is beyond human comprehension.

I think there's a new episode of that show airing next week, so we'll see if they can top their hilarious statement about the pineal gland being a biological star gate :lol: The spooge-haired young Einstein and his ass fisting buddies are simply too brilliant for us to understand, so their brilliant theories just SEEM like a bunch of new age con-man bullshit. Maybe the semen in his hair works as an antenna that allows him to contact his ancient alien ancestors?
odditude

Post by odditude »

oh my god walls of text composed of run-on sentences
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

odditude wrote:oh my god walls of text composed of run-on sentences

my only weakness

how did you know *falls*
Come on, do it right.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

My posts are probably, as a whole, more grammatically sound than yours. Sure I type up plenty of text walls with long sentences, but as long as what I'm saying is understandable I don't see the problem.

I think you plebeians are just jealous because I have inside knowledge of our ancient alien ancestors, and you're trying to get me all hot(jethuth chritht!) by nitpicking my posts. My alien ancestors will probe your twink asses and insert one of those tiny, robotic gerbils up your asses so they can track you. Insulting me won't persuade me to reveal the obviously true secrets of the aliens; you fools should at least try using your pineal star gates before responding to me. If you insolent cockroaches don't respect my authoritah, I'll call my alien ancestors on you, and when they're done with you plebeians your asses will make goatse look normal! Remember kids, just say "FEH!" to plebs.

My last few posts were some of my shorter ones, btw. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm too long-winded, and I will try to shorten up some of my posts in the future. Joke posts like these last few don't count. You foolish insects need to see the light and listen to the obviously true words of spooge hair and his band of butt brothers. Ancient aliens CLEARLY paints the most accurate picture of human history ever aired on television, so WAKE UP! :fehplebs:
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

I don't know if you keep highlighting how crazy von Däniken-style theories about ancient aliens are to be funny or to detract from how you were talking about exactly as insane and unfounded shit before, but it's not working towards either end.
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

I'm just making fun of the ancient alien shit, and I assume you were talking about me speculating about telepathy? I admitted more than once that I pulled telepathy out of my ass because it sounds cool and interesting, so your "criticism" falls flat. Being disrespectful and condescending won't strengthen your argument, plus I don't see why you're so irritated by my sarcasm. If you don't think it's funny, wouldn't it be better to ignore my posts altogether? Being a little more respectful couldn't hurt either dude.

I personally think the ancient alien hypothesis is hilarious, and my jokes have nothing to do with me admittedly pulling the idea of telepathy out of my studly ass. Honestly Johan, maybe I could take you to an airport bathroom sometime and let you go all Larry Craig on me through a glory hole. You need to calm that super silly twink ass down unless you want me to do to you what Mr. Garrison did to Mr. Slave. Then, I could spike your hair up with my studsauce ancient aliens style ;) *blows kiss*

If you want me to answer your posts respectfully, be more respectful yourself next time. Condescending nonsense like that is uncalled for.
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

I'm sorry, I'm a fan of getting to the point and you seem like a person who can take someone on the internet calling you boring without it ruining your day.
Take it as a compliment!
odditude

Post by odditude »

condescending nonsense is one of the premier products of teh zboard.
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

Johan_H wrote:I'm sorry, I'm a fan of getting to the point and you seem like a person who can take someone on the internet calling you boring without it ruining your day.
Take it as a compliment!
It didn't ruin my day, but I felt the tone of that post was unnecessary/meant to piss me off. The only way to get me really mad is to annoy the shit out of me and/or threaten me in person. That last post was just me making a point, admittedly in a silly way. I had a few beers in me, so I apologize for being more disrespectful than I accused you of being. My offer to do weird stuff to your butt still stands though *flexes* *blows kiss to Joey-cakes*

Speaking of weird butt stuff, there's a new episode of ancient aliens on tonight! I'll probably catch it tomorrow or something, but I'm looking forward to seeing if they can top "YOUR PINEAL GLAND IS A STAR GATE!". I can't tell if those guys are joking around or not, because they literally use aliens to describe EVERYTHING that's unexplained. If they used that explanation more sparingly, I'd be more convinced that they're true believers. They probably pretend to believe in all that goofy new age bullshit to get attention and make money, and they've definitely been successful in that way.

Hell, they even use aliens to describe known phenomenon. For example, jizzhead and co. think that many of the natural disasters in history were manufactured by aliens to thin our population out, even volcanic eruptions. Shit, they even speculated that the meteor that killed the dinosaurs was possibly manufactured by aliens! They also think that all large, ancient buildings that have flattened tops were used as landing pads for alien spacecrafts. Some of the shit those guys "believe" is just so out there that they've got to be at least partially trolling.

Using aliens to describe volcanic eruptions is akin to me claiming the Earth is an intelligent, living being and volcanic eruptions are just Earth blowing its load. Yellowstone going off would be a load akin to me banging Vida Guerra.(DAMN she's hot!)
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Re: The Best Controller Up to date!

Post by adventure_of_link »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Speaking of FF6, that mobile "remake" is HORRIFYING. Most of the beautiful pixel art is ruined.
We. Know. Already.
Well. Unless. You. Count. GBA. As. Mobile. I. Didn't. Know. Already. That. There. Was. A. Remake. Of. FF6. On. Mobile.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

Link: I'm warning you, if you look at the ios/android "FF6", there's a good chance you'll puke all over your keyboard. Also Gil, not everyone keeps up with gaming news so a lot of people don't know about it. Other than wanting to rant about it, I mentioned it to convince people here to boycott that cheaply made, overpriced piece of shit.

The GBA version sucks because of bad sound & slowdown, but at least, for the most part, the SNES version's pixel art was left intact. I've only played the GBA port in VBA(the restoration patches help substantially, but I greatly prefer the SNES original). SE should've waited for the DS to port FF6 much like did with CT, because things like high level spell animations slow battles to a crawl & mode 7 sequences, including the world map aren't nearly as smooth. Even CT DS isn't a perfect port sound-wise(compression issues & issues with spell sounds), but it's good enough that I still enjoy playing it. FFVI Advance has so much battle slowdown that it's hard to play compared to the smooth original, plus the extra content kinda sucks.

The ios/android version(same version on both) is just inexcusably awful visually, has no controller support and literally looks like a badly made RPGmaker game; it looks CHEAP. I think it's like $15 too. They should've at least remade it on the level of the PSP FF remakes, which are FAR from perfect but infinitely better than SE's latest mobile turd. IF you're gonna remake a classic, do it with respect for fucks sake. I suppose "FF6" mobile is a perfect blueprint of what NOT to do in remakes.

It's the gaming equivalent of cumming on the Mona Lisa's face & giving her a dirty sanchez afterwards. Unlike that scenario though, the original thankfully still exists.
ouija1979 wrote:I never use wireless, in fact mine have a 6ft cable... I think wireless is highly overrated
My mistake; thanks for the recommendation. I'll research both the buffalo and retro-bit pads but I may just buy a couple used SNES pads + adapters. Condition is always a big gamble when buying used though.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Just... add it to your sig, man.
You don't see me railing about Other M or Lunar: Silver Star Story*backspace*Legends*backspace*Harmony of Silver Star every other post in every unrelated discussion.

I mean, let's be honest here. Your response to "I miss my stolen ASCIIPad" was "FF6 on Android sucks balls"
That's not just a non sequitur, that's like some sort of radioactive mutant non sequitur that topples buildings and takes dumps the size of trucks before getting beat down by Godzilla.
And no, this is not an invitation to tell me how Android FF ports are dumps the size of trucks.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

A non sequitur from me?! Shocking! Yeah I did make it a bit too long but I basically just included it with my on-topic response, so no harm done. I hadn't actually mentioned the "finished" product until those last 2 posts either, so it's not like I was saying something I had already said a thousand times. I had definitely ranted about shitty phone games and about how much FF6 mobile was GOING TO suck ass, but it's even shittier than I had expected and my expectations were pessimistically, almost impossibly low.