one really confused guy here. could use some help.

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

noda

one really confused guy here. could use some help.

Post by noda »

ok. i have just starting with this kind of stuff of roms because i got a emulator for playstation portable to play snes games and i have got star ocean the second story and till the end of time but i wanted to play the first one. now after getting the computer emulator i got a star ocean rom to play but it still has a lot of japanese in it like items menu and stuff. now my first question is with this beta one can i still put the full english patch that i can download on dejap or do i have to get the full japanese version? now if i can still patch it would i be able to play it with my playstation portable emulator since it is different and if i can do i need extra files?
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Always apply patches to clean, unaltered rom images. Get the japanese rim, then patch it with the latest DeJap's patch. This goes for both soft-patching and hard-patching.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
noda

Post by noda »

ok thanks. now the only problem i will have is getting a clean one because i have been looking for a clean one for the last 3 days just incase i needed one and have come up with nothing yet.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Well then, keep looking. It's really not that hard to find.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

noda wrote:ok thanks. now the only problem i will have is getting a clean one because i have been looking for a clean one for the last 3 days just incase i needed one and have come up with nothing yet.
You have to know how to search for it. And just in case don't ask where to get it here.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
noda

Post by noda »

Neo Kaiser wrote:
noda wrote:ok thanks. now the only problem i will have is getting a clean one because i have been looking for a clean one for the last 3 days just incase i needed one and have come up with nothing yet.
You have to know how to search for it. And just in case don't ask where to get it here.

lol i may be a "newb" to this board but i am in NO way a "n00b" and ask where to get roms. oh and i did find it now to fix text and graphics