learn to trans games

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

skipstone420
Rookie

learn to trans games

Post by skipstone420 »

where can I learn to use translator programs so I can trans bluesphere my self because it seems like an amusing sequel to Starocean 2 for the ps1 thanx for all the help
Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

Translator programs, as in, Jap->English software, or hacking tools?
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Romhacking.org is the place for you when it is restored to it's former (and now hopefully better) glory.

A hexeditor is the 'translator program' you'll be using the most, followed by other miscellaneous but necessary tools... Or you could just wait for Aeon Genesis to finish translating/hacking Blue Sphere.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
skipstone420
Rookie

trans prog I use

Post by skipstone420 »

yes JAP>ENG software I downloaded XLATE2 but the interface is kinda weird sorry about new post forgot to click post reply
Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights
Tomato
Hazed

Post by Tomato »

SO:BS is apparently a VERY complicated game to hack, so if the translation scene's best are having a hard time with it, you're probably best off playing the Japanese version and following along with the FAQs/walkthroughs listed here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbcolo ... 98762.html
ThunderClaw
I know where you live.

Re: trans prog I use

Post by ThunderClaw »

skipstone420 wrote:yes JAP>ENG software I downloaded XLATE2 but the interface is kinda weird sorry about new post forgot to click post reply
XLate2 is disgustingly outdated. Romhacking.com has some much better utilities.

Also, please for the love of god use punctuation. It makes it a hundred times harder to read your posts when everything splices together.
FireKnight:I'm pretty sure a 1KG 24k gold brick costs less than that.

phonymike: well the same amount of raw metals used in a car costs a fraction of the price of a new car idiot. I'm gonna take away your posting privileges and replace them with my balls on your chin.

I smell spray paint.
Oblivion
What?

Post by Oblivion »

Also, it's incredibly difficult to believe that someone can translate something between languages, to any extent whatsoever, if they can't even use one language well.
Everything I say is a lie.