Slow Down Rom?

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Rudajie

Slow Down Rom?

Post by Rudajie »

First off thanks for reading this and helping if you can. I am starting to rip sprites and use them in flash movies, comics, and just for the hell of it. Most of the time I can rip sprites, but there are those that just move WAY too fast for me to take a snap shot of. For example, DBZ HYPDM roms sprites occasionally move too fast for me to take snap shots of. Is it possible to slow down zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) rom rate? Thanks! :lol:
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

First thing first, make your avatar smaller.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Push the slowdown key. Whatever.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

snkcube wrote:First thing first, make your avatar smaller.
And less... homoerotic.
illegal eagle
Savestate Pimp

Post by illegal eagle »

Maybe this helps, though it's slow:

- play to the scene that has the gfx that you want
- save to a savestate
- quit and start ZSNES (DOS) with the -d parameter and the ROM's path and filename (8.3 format)
- load the savestate (F4)
- hold the Enter key. Afaik, the 2nd number the top shows the the current line number and the 1st shows the remaining CPU cycles for the line.
- save (F2) from time to time and examine the savestate
"Other people can give you more suggestions as I just lost all my motivation to respond further to this post."
[i] - Nightcrawler[/i]

[url=http://www.geocities.com/illegal_eagle_2003/]vSNES v2.00[/url]: My SNES savestate viewer.
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

You could record a ZSNES Movie. While playing back, press F1 to bring up the menu (not the GUI) and use the advance frame feature.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

snkcube wrote:First thing first, make your avatar smaller.
Seconded.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Rudajie

Post by Rudajie »

First off this is about slowing down Z-Nes not my avatar, for anyone that doesn't like it you can kiss my ass. I was just wondering if there is a way to slow down the frame rate. I read an Idea about recording a movie, and I don't think thats going to work, thanks anyways. I belive that on the Snes 9x there is a slow key where you press and hold Shift and than click =

Is there anything like that on Z-Nes?
Last edited by Rudajie on Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kagerato
Lurker

Post by Kagerato »

Go back and read the third post.

Set the slowdown key in the key configuration dialog, loaded via the last menu.
Rudajie

Post by Rudajie »

Thank-You Kagerato. I thought that guy was just saying for me to make and set my own key I didn't know where it was or if it exsisted. :D
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

The avatar thing...it's in the board rules.

I believe that my earlier suggestion should work. [edit: (confirmed)]

1. Record a ZSNES movie.

2. Disable background layers that do not apply

3. Play the recorded ZMV

4. During playback, press F1

5. Select "Incr Frame Only" repeatedly until you reach the part you want to capture (you can hold the Enter key down until you are close to the scene).

6. Use the Snapshot/Incr[ement] Frame option to take successive shots of each frame.
Rudajie

Post by Rudajie »

I'm ripping hyper-dimension sprites and I'm using the program vSnes that illegal eagle made, that requires me to save my state in order to edit it. Since hyper-dimension sprites have a black background and when you disable layers on zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) theres a black background, your process won't work. Thanks anyways.
Last edited by Rudajie on Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

ZSNES.
Rudajie

Post by Rudajie »

Ok?
Rudajie

Post by Rudajie »

I got the slow key working and all, but is there anyway to make it just a little slower?
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Rudajie wrote:I got the slow key working and all, but is there anyway to make it just a little slower?
There is no such feature. This has been talkeed about before, but I don't know if Nach or pagefault will implement it.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
illegal eagle
Savestate Pimp

Post by illegal eagle »

Rudajie wrote:Since hyper-dimension sprites have a black background and when you disable layers on zsnes (btw i am dumb) theres a black background, your process won't work.
Well, it would work in an 8-bit video mode (ZSNES DOS) - you could edit the palette. But might be too much trouble... :)
"Other people can give you more suggestions as I just lost all my motivation to respond further to this post."
[i] - Nightcrawler[/i]

[url=http://www.geocities.com/illegal_eagle_2003/]vSNES v2.00[/url]: My SNES savestate viewer.
cracker

Post by cracker »

You could run a demanding program in the background and set the frameskip to 0.
PGN-X
Rookie

Post by PGN-X »

I don't get it, it says zsnes everywhere, you obviously went to the zsnes website and you can see it is clearly zsnes. Why do people continually call "Zsnes" "ZSNES (FYI, I am really really dumb)"???
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

cracker wrote:You could run a demanding program in the background and set the frameskip to 0.
Or you could just get a really slow computer.
Rudajie

Post by Rudajie »

All good ideas, thx. I'll just have to try and find a program that slows down my pc :-D
Miyomei
"I ate JB."

Post by Miyomei »

Rudajie wrote:All good ideas, thx. I'll just have to try and find a program that slows down my pc :-D
Don't bother. Most sprite comics and/or flash movies using sprites from games tend to suck, and using DBZ sprites on multiplies the suckage.

Also, ZSNESWIN + HyperCam + VirtualDub might work.
Rudajie

Post by Rudajie »

O.k?
Lizking
Hazed

Post by Lizking »

Rudajie wrote:I'm ripping hyper-dimension sprites and I'm using the program vSnes that illegal eagle made, that requires me to save my state in order to edit it. Since hyper-dimension sprites have a black background and when you disable layers on zsnes (btw i am dumb) theres a black background, your process won't work. Thanks anyways.
I'm not willing to corrupt my harddrive with the trash that is DBZ, but im willing to bet that the background color with no layers on has a slightly different RGB value than the black outlines of the sprites. using the paintbucket tool in MSPaint is a very easy method of determining that.
or, you could just re-draw the outlines if the background color is the same as the outline of the sprites.

and don't complain about how long that would take. I've made some AniGIFs from N64 games. You have no idea how long that takes, and how tedious it is. No, you don't. Trust me.
I've even made one where I had to rip each frame 3 or 4 times, because of a snow effect that technically were sprites, and thus covered different parts of the sprite I wanted. I had to patch together whole frames from peices of several.
XFALGFM G: A YAUUSK