vSNES

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

filouk
Rookie

Post by filouk »

So I really need this snes9x version !!! The Action Replay code I gave you is to get the Gyrocopter, but I forgot to tell you that I use the european version of the game :/
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Never mind, I got there.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
filouk
Rookie

Post by filouk »

It's weird, the Snes9x rerecording 9 version writes "Failed to take screenshot" just before recording the screenshot, and so the message appears on the recorded screenshot. Maybe I would be luckier with rerecording 7 if I can find it ?
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

I've uploaded it here: http://rapidshare.com/files/11590262/sn ... 7.rar.html

(Note that switching between versions might erase the button configuration.)
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
filouk
Rookie

Post by filouk »

It works ! This version of Snes9x is incredible : it is fully compatible with Zsnes save states and seems by far the most stable version. Thank you very much for uploading it for me. :)
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

filouk wrote:it is fully compatible with ZSNES save states
Well, I'd still use SRM files for transfers. :wink: It might not be 100% accurate, especially with more complex games (i.e. extra hardware).

About the waterfall: this needs emulating HDMA effects. HDMA means that after each line the game can change the status of the rendering system. vSNES can change the status only once: when a savestate is loaded.

This needs to be rewritten, but I won't tackle that until I have a good system for memory transfers between applications. *sigh*
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
filouk
Rookie

Post by filouk »

Hello Creaothceann ! I am doing a map with vSNES, and this is a real pain that each time I open a zst state I have to desactivate again the same layers again and again. Could there be an option for the program to just remember what layers were disabled ?
Last edited by filouk on Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Sure. Select "SceneViewer" in the "options" window and uncheck the "update the layering after loading a SNES" checkbox. :wink:

Also note that the "official" spelling is "vSNES"...
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
filouk
Rookie

Post by filouk »

I already tried that, but it didn't work : each time I load a new zst state, the layers are back. By layer I mean background. Each time I have to uncheck boxes that I had previously unchecked.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
filouk
Rookie

Post by filouk »

It works. Thank you very much ! :D
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

No problem. :wink:
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

New build with
- support for writing and reading (all subformats) of TileLayer Pro palette files
- new PalViewer layout

http://vsnes.aep-emu.de/vSNES/vSNES_bugfix05.rar

EDIT: Updated the file dialogs, too.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
zidanax
Rookie

Post by zidanax »

"The requested URL /vSNES/vSNES_bugfix05.rar was not found on this server."
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Sorry, my bad - should work now.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

vSNES 2.92 BETA 2: link

Quick incomplete features list:
- updated cartridge dialog with new techniques (thanks to Nach for the info!) Not finished yet though.
- PalFinder for finding (sub-)palettes in WRAM and ROM
- direct editing in PalViewer
- custom SRM and IPS directories
- much faster with directories containing a large amount of cartridges!
- no more conflicts of Windows dialogs vs. always-on-top windows
- fixed SMV display bug
- support for TileLayer Pro palette files

Note: SPC support currently br0ken for some reason...

Btw. I'm thinking about removing the "reload" and "launch" buttons from the main window. Does anybody use them anyway?

As always, please report bugs when you encounter them.

EDIT: Fixed stupid bug, re-uploaded archive.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Update:
Development has not stopped, though it has slowed to a crawl. I'm writing source documentation, and need to figure out a better internal structure for the project. There're also some new ideas...
In the mean time the current version is hopefully sufficient for those who use it.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Mode7Ed Image is a small editor spawned from the vSNES source code. Its capabilities might be later added back to vSNES.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
Qyzbud
Rookie

Post by Qyzbud »

I just discovered this great piece of software recently, and I've found it to be very useful for exploring and isolating graphics. Thanks for a unique, high quality app!
creaothceann wrote:Btw. I'm thinking about removing the "reload" and "launch" buttons from the main window. Does anybody use them anyway?
Yes! I find the 'reload the last savestate' button handy... although I could certainly handle its removal, so long as the F5 key still performed this function. I don't suppose it would be possible to implement a button customisation menu... That way you could distribute vSNES with a tidier interface, but users could opt for extra buttons if they wanted.

Once again, thanks for vSNES.

~Qyz
Super NES... Still the best.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

I could add options to show or hide buttons... re-arranging is probably not worth the trouble.

F5 will survive. :P
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
Qyzbud
Rookie

CHT Editor problems (.cht corruption)

Post by Qyzbud »

creaothceann,

I'm still loving vSNES (how did I live without it?), but I have encountered a problem with editing and saving .cht files.

There are no problems opening a .cht file and copying the neatly re-formatted contents into Notepad via the clipboard, but after editing the order of cheats (that's all I really wanted to do, along with perhaps changing their descriptions, creating variants of some cheats, etc.) I paste back into vSNES (no problems with that; everything shows up fine), and try saving the file as either a new file, or overwriting a previous .cht file... and I end up with a garbled file which ZSNES can't interpret. The first cheat code looks okay except for the description, but every line thereafter is a combination of gobbledegoop and snippets of descriptions.

I can post .cht files or screenshots if you'd like... ?

I'm using the most recent release of ZSNES (1.51) and have tried using the current release and the beta release of vSNES, but I always end up with corrupted files when I save the .cht file.

I've also been given error messages a few times when using the CHT Editor.

Example of error:
Exception: "Access violation at address 00401ECC in module 'vSNES.exe'. Write of address 00A47014".

I can try using different PC's to see if my machine's at fault when I get a chance, and I can provide a list of error specifics if that would be helpful. My main reason for this post is to help improve vSNES, if this problem isn't just happening for me, of course.

Btw, when you post a bugfix, do you also fix and re-upload the file(s) in the current release, or do you make them part of the next release, after you've had plenty of time to work out all the kinks in more detail?

Cheers,
Qyz
creaothceann
Seen it all

Re: CHT Editor problems (.cht corruption)

Post by creaothceann »

Qyzbud wrote:I'm using the most recent release of ZSNES (1.51) and have tried using the current release and the beta release of vSNES, but I always end up with corrupted files when I save the .cht file.
I'll take a look at it.
Qyzbud wrote:I've also been given error messages a few times when using the CHT Editor.
This is most likely a bug in vSNES. Btw. do you get the standard Windows error message, or a message dialog that doesn't end the program?
Qyzbud wrote:Btw, when you post a bugfix, do you also fix and re-upload the file(s) in the current release, or do you make them part of the next release, after you've had plenty of time to work out all the kinks in more detail?
I'm always posting new versions (even smaller updates) with a new version number.

Maybe I should fix the bugs in the last version... :? the next one is still far away. You're not the only one finding bugs in the CHT editor.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

The source of the corruption has been fixed.

Unfortunately...
- ZSNES still crashes when loading some (all?) CHT files since the values of the "flag" (first byte of a cheat) are wrong
- the source is a mess; a release would probably only be useful for CHT hackers.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
Qyzbud
Rookie

Post by Qyzbud »

creaothceann wrote:The source of the corruption has been fixed.
That's great news. :)
creaothceann wrote:ZSNES still crashes when loading some (all?) CHT files since the values of the "flag" (first byte of a cheat) are wrong
...Not so great. I never had crashing issues with ZSNES before as a result of the .cht corruption. The 'flag' is the on/off toggle value, right? If it helps your coding at all, there would be no problem with having all toggle values set to 'off' (04?), as re-toggling is a very easy tweak to perform in ZSNES. At least for the time being, until vSNES is ready for that task.
Qyzbud wrote:I've also been given error messages a few times when using the CHT Editor.
creaothceann wrote:Do you get the standard Windows error message, or a message dialog that doesn't end the program?
I only once had Windows close vSNES. That was after I somehow triggered multiple regular errors to appear in succession.
These 'regular errors' are the ones I was referring to in my last post - they look like this:

At present, I'm using ZSNES to re-enter all codes one by one. I know that even when I finish I'm going to want to reshuffle before too long, so I'm eagerly awaiting the next vSNES release/patch.

Cheers, let me know if I can help. (Testing etc... I can't program!)