2 Player SoE Patch

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

Vada

2 Player SoE Patch

Post by Vada »

I download the patch, i download the lunar ips patch utility, and then i patch the secretofevermore.smc file, and after all that...i start it up, and low and behold, it doesn't work! Please Help mE!
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Did you take the time to read the readme.txt inside the .zip?
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Vada

Post by Vada »

yes, but the readme just has a bunch of useless information about the reason why the person who made the patch made the patch. It also has some details about some of the bugs in ROM with a header.the patch, and it says, "Note that this patch is only intended for use on the US Evermore
ROM with a header." now i have no idea the difference between a us rom, and a non-US rom. But the problem is that after i apply the patch, the game just doesn't go, for lack of a better word, and i have no idea of what to do.
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

The obvious question is, does your ROM have a header? Run it through NSRT and see.
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
Vada

Post by Vada »

i'm sorry for being a newb, but the sad fact of the matter, is that i am a n00b. I have no idea what nsrt is and, i don't know the significance of a header.
Vada

Post by Vada »

Could n e one plz tell me the significance of the latter?
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Go find the US version with a header then, or learn to use NSRT, reading it's own documentation.

Edit.- Also, that avatar is huge, take it down.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Vada

Post by Vada »

i am not exactly sure of how to search for the right version of the rom with a us header, my criteria is becoming to large to put into a search engine. And i am nowhere near a computer programer, so far from the fact that i do not know how to manipulate the command promt. So...i am pretty sure i won't be able to learn how to use the NSRT...so i would appriciate a little help in finding a US Secret of Evermore, with a header. Please and Thank you.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Download NSRT 3.2 and use NSRT3GUI.EXE, browse using enter and find the rom, and add a header with F3. Not exactly difficult.
Vada

Post by Vada »

ok, so now, what is a header, and how do i add one?
wait, no, actually the header is SWC, is that good or bad?
Vada

Post by Vada »

OHHH YEAH!!! With all of your help, i got it working, i cannot express my gratitude. Thank u so much, and i am bookmarking this site so that i can come here for help next time i have problems. Thank u, and adu. lol.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

I think it's adieu, but whatever.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.