Super smart joy problems

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

browndustin

Super smart joy problems

Post by browndustin »

Hey guys. I've searched these forums, google and liksang's website to see if anyone else has had this problem before... it seems that zsnes (dos, latest version and 1337 version) do not detect my start, select, L and R keys.

I'm using an old computer, windows 98, and have made sure the driver in the device manager actually detects the keys. It does. When trying to configure them in zsnes, nothing happens. All other keys work, and I'm using the 8 key selection.

I really can't think of what I could do. There's no internet on that computer as it's just been reformatted, and will only be used for snes emulation. If someone could at least stear me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it a lot. I've tried my best to utilize all resources out there, but haven't found the same instance in which some buttons won't work and some will.

The controller works in the device manager and on a real snes. Please help me, guys. :?
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Try it using other emulators or programs, then report back.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
browndustin

Post by browndustin »

Damn... tried it on other emulators like snes 9x, but that computer can't load any roms. It does detect all the buttons on my controller though...

I suppose some day I'll have to fix that computer (I get vnetstup.vxd and other errors upon booting) so I haven't set the internet up on that machine to do windows updates. I suppose direct x will be a huge problem. I just don't have hours upon hours to be wasting fixing old computers, let alone playing video games. I'm lucky if I have any time in my day to meddle with this...

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd highly appreciate it. Thanks for your response, Joe. I'm really pretty for time so I'd be lucky if I ever get this working, let alone the chance to play a couple games or two.