any one know about any dating sims translated?

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

Slayer7.666_COF

any one know about any dating sims translated?

Post by Slayer7.666_COF »

hi, I have been curious about dating sims, and specialy on snes. I have played like 2 or 3 flash dating sims that were mostly jokes and stuff, but never a real serious one. I probaly won't play much but, atleast try one, like most games are translated now exept like a dozen on the hundreds that have not made it here.

***below is just some complain about people that can't translate well enough to "Keep" names the way they are becaus "NAMES DON'T TRANSLATES" and this "Chunk" of text is poorly written with bad gramar though still readble some people cry when they can't read. so "don't read if you got a faint heart and weak eyes/patience or get mad/flame for each massacring error in english or any other form of speakable/unspeakable language"***

so if there is some translations out there, I just hope they didn't do any thing has wierd has translating the names :evil: because most of my translation that I don't like, its all due to that! (every one know we don't translate names from other language, but some funny people think that its better, I for one would not be happy if my name would be... lets say Inuyasha and some funny man would translate and call me "Dog Demon" all the time! even "IF" the translation means that (I think) you can't refer to me has some thing els than my name in question, or an other example, Goku, you would not call good old Goku : Mountain Monkey? though his true name is Kakoroth he does not like to be called that or nor calling a guy who is named pierre/ Rock, or your name wich coud mean som thing in a other coutry, it would stay the same ex: john would mean severed leg in some place and would be written plokahnj, but just said john.... bah just forget it. its just that some moron called me Rock-Pole (my name is pierre-paul and not just one person does that it kills me to say that speach each time...) wow i got opinion in mass!
My english sucks too much to show my real talents, but im nice anyways (exept to people who is called jacob alacrackbass) Captain Planet: only cool poeple have green mullets, "your" hair sucks.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Names are overrated.

Also, if you like dating sims, I think the PC would be the only plataform where you could find those games.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Slayer7.666_COF

I don't realy like them, I just found like 3 dating sims on the SNES but I can't read a letter in japanese, and im curious about these sins I got them over 3 years ago.

yeah maby names are over rated, but they must remain the same when refering to an person or entity, like if I Called you Joey, even if your name is joe you can use joe for short of joey, now its all up to the targeted person if they prefer to be called somthing else but I don't mean "MY NAME IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR LIFE! NOW GIVE ME ALL YOUR GOLDFISH FOOD :evil: " but just a simple leave the names has is (or do an japanese letter translation like writing japanese or even africain or any language representation in our own alphanumeric system). well I can say I said my piece more clearly in this post than the previous one. actualy I say above to not flame or negative post and thats almost what im doing some times, I could wage a war with my own self some times...(by contradicting what im saying in the same sentence with out meaning the opposite of my first insinuation! so im acctualy practicing to shorten me post one by one till I can say somthing without answering all questions before they are answered... and a good bye - says HaveANiceDayMan
My english sucks too much to show my real talents, but im nice anyways (exept to people who is called jacob alacrackbass) Captain Planet: only cool poeple have green mullets, "your" hair sucks.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Like Camacho said, dating sims can be found for the PC mostly. And they are all in japanese, because you know, the genre isn't exactly very popular outside Japan. Sure, some PC dating sims have been translated, but even so, those games are mainly *hentai* dating sims.

Also, translators who know what they are doing won't translate names in a way that the translation would be totally off the mark.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
MorteTheSkull
Hazed

Post by MorteTheSkull »

Yeah, I don't wanna be yanking it to some poorly drawn pixelized hentai and then have to read an overly complex japanese name.
In fact, I don't want any combination of those things.
"Did you see the way that female zombie was looking at me?"
"You're imagining things, Morte."
Hyos
Regular

Post by Hyos »

MorteTheSkull wrote:"Did you see the way that female zombie was looking at me?"
Nice PT quote.
MorteTheSkull
Hazed

Post by MorteTheSkull »

I don't think it's the exact quote, but IIRC the exact quote, given enough context to make sense, would be ridiculously long. Been too long since I've played that game. Morte pwns greatly.
"Did you see the way that female zombie was looking at me?"
Slayer7.666_COF

you know... I don't know why I complained about names and stuff... realy it does make a bit of sense, but the post is way to "its the end of the world if name are translated!".... I guess its because I get pissed off reading some posts (or intire topics) so I just add a post but with the combined rage accumulated from the previous ones... I have my story of unhappyness here (look at my post count and search for my old posts, you won't find them for 3 reasons 1 bad writing/grammar, 2 people flaming about it & three poeple flaming me for unrelated stuff because they were "used" to flame me and only took 15 posts or somthing... so yeah fresh start!)

So all this to say sorry for being over concerned about stuff.

and for these dating sims, I know they are mostly hentai on PC, because looking for the translation patch, I could only find hentai related content.

so I guess no one did a translation for those. does any one know a site wich has many translations? (not like groups that only do some games, but sites that there speciality is hosting translations for games.)
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

Your name and avatar make my head spin.
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

I heard that real life v1.1 is pretty sweet. it's also very interactive, but it can get expensive the further you progress.
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike]ultimate immortality[/url]
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,zsnes,white,purple.png[/img][/url]