problems with setting the keys

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

trinakat

problems with setting the keys

Post by trinakat »

hi, i'm a newb (just started two days ago...literally) and i'm playing chrono trigger, and i read the documentation and everything and set the keys in the input section. problem #1: the keys didn't respond (did i input it the wrong way?, or something). problem #2: i was trying to figure out how to set it when i pressed the "set" button, which wiped away all the other key combinations. i tried to reset them, but it won't let me. i also don't have an external controller or anything (just a keyboard). please tell me how i can fix this problem, and i shall be very happy =)

ok...nevermind. keys work now, but even though i set the same keys for L and R, i still can't figure out how to press them and A for Chrono Trigger. can someone please give some instructions? (forgive my ignorance)
Aaron
Lurker

Post by Aaron »

First of all, don't be so hard on yourself =P. Second of all, I use to have this same problem. I'm not exactly sure how I "fixed" it, though. Maybe try another display setting, or redownloading ZSNES. By the way, you should use the latest WIP of ZSNES if you're not currently using it; it may not give you problems, then again, it might. *shrugs* You can grab it at Ipher's WIP site.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Not being able to press L+R and A simultaneously is a limitation of the keyboard. Put L and R on End and PageUp, or on the numpad so they won't clash with the rest of the keys when pressed.

Or set L and R to the same button.

Or buy a gamepad.

The problem with Chrono Trigger has also been covered in the docs.
Last edited by Agozer on Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
trinakat

Post by trinakat »

thanks for the help. i got it to work, so thank you!
PapaBear

Re: problems with setting the keys

Post by PapaBear »

[quote="trinakat"] problem #2: i was trying to figure out how to set it when i pressed the "set" button, which wiped away all the other key combinations. i tried to reset them, but it won't let me. i also don't have an external controller or anything (just a keyboard).
quote]
I have had the same problem occur to me. When I clicked on set it cleared the configuration I had but now I cannot get it to come back. Can someone please help! It would be greatly appreciated!
:(
xamenus
Veteran

Re: problems with setting the keys

Post by xamenus »

Highlight "Keyboard/Gamepad", press Set, then press Set Keys.