zsnes 1.36 Super Street Fighter II sound distortion

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

abacus

zsnes 1.36 Super Street Fighter II sound distortion

Post by abacus »

When I play Super Street Fighter II on zsnes version 1.36, I feel that the sound effects are distorted. This is most noticable on Ken's fireballs; they almost sound like he is firing lasers. Also, when the plane "flies" on the world map between stages, the plane engine sounds like a "buzz" sound. Does anyone else experience this? I have tried it on three different computers with different specs ranging from a PII 266 to a P4 1.5 and it sounds the same. The last version I used, version 1.337 did not have this problem and still works fine. I have even tried changing the sound settings to stereo, 32000, cubic spline, as I think this was the actual snes setting, and this did not help much.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Ahem... Are you using the latest WIP version? If you are not, go here: www.ipherswipsite.com
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
abacus

No, I have not tried the WIP version

Post by abacus »

I guess I could give it a try, but I thought version 1.36 was the latest "official" release so it is compatible with zbattle. However, I would like to know if anyone else experiences this other than me.
ThunderClaw
I know where you live.

Re: No, I have not tried the WIP version

Post by ThunderClaw »

abacus wrote:I guess I could give it a try, but I thought version 1.36 was the latest "official" release so it is compatible with zbattle.
1.36, however, is woefully outdated. The WIPs are a much better choice, even though it's not really mentioned on the main page, which they should be.
FireKnight:I'm pretty sure a 1KG 24k gold brick costs less than that.

phonymike: well the same amount of raw metals used in a car costs a fraction of the price of a new car idiot. I'm gonna take away your posting privileges and replace them with my balls on your chin.

I smell spray paint.
Kagerato
Lurker

Post by Kagerato »

It would be nice if the devs would choose a competent volunteer to update the main page(s) occasionally.

At the very least, it would be preferable if the general ignorant public had some sort of idea that 1.36 sucks.
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

I need to try a bit harder at contacting _Demo_. I've tried before. I'm quite willing to update the site since Radio doesn't seem to be doing it any more.
Last edited by Noxious Ninja on Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

I will make a mention to _Demo_ next time I see him online.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

I'd be willing to update the site too.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

I tried the WIP version now

Post by abacus »

I think it sounds better, but I think the sound still is a bit distorted. Does anyone else experience this with version 1.36 or the newest WIP, or is it just me? Maybe this is the closest to how it is supposed to sound, but I think version 1.337 was better in terms of sound.
Kagerato
Lurker

Post by Kagerato »

1.337 did have great sound, IMO. However, I do not know if it was more accurate or not.
JFD62780
Rookie

Post by JFD62780 »

Speaking of sound problems, doesn't Fei Long's stage BGM sound a little...different to you? It should sound more like the arcade. I should know; I've played the real thing before.
Until next post...