Connect chat window

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

majorglory

Connect chat window

Post by majorglory »

Hey all,

As soon as I establish a connection with someone over the internet, it will say found client and start the connection then send me to the chat window and within a second, disconnect me for some reason. I'm not sure what to do. I have tried versions 1.42, 1.36 and 1.337.

Has this happened to anyone before?
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Connection specs, system specs, firewalls?, routers?. Are you both using the same version?
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
majorglory

Post by majorglory »

There are no firewalls, 1.5mbps DSL connection, homebuilt PC...1.6 P4, 1.5GB Ram, 80GB HD, Radeon 9600XT, Win SP2....Yes, I am using the same version as others. I just started trying zbattle and thats the people I am connecting to. It works fine on a LAN or on Hamachi...its when I am using the internet, it has some problems
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

sounds like your dsl modem is acting as a router/firewall

check the documentation for it or visit portforwarding.com for more info

also windows xp sp2 firewall is probably causing problems
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
majorglory

Post by majorglory »

ok, I got the chat window thing fixed, it was just a person who didnt have them same rom as me and would exit, now comes another that I cant figure out.

I have port 7845 forwarded on incoming and outgoing of my router. I am using Netgear DG834G ADSL router. I have no firewall whatsoever on XP or my router. I have both of them disabled. I am running other programs that are using other ports such as remote desktop, FTP and a Counter Strike server. I have no problems with these and others can access them.

I go to zbattle and find a person to play with and we connect and everything is going good. It says found client, then the chat comes up and game begins to load. The game comes up and within a second, it ends up freezing. I have followed that step in FAQs where it said to change the save directory to something else. I have done that and it did not change anything. I have tried different people and no luck. We are always using broadband for connection. I have tried to let the other person host and no luck there either. I'm not sure what else to do, as I have read through the forum trying to find an answer. Any clues?