Dual Displays- How can i move the zsnes window to my TV?

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

shockme17

Dual Displays- How can i move the zsnes window to my TV?

Post by shockme17 »

I have a dual display setup, and I can't move the zsnes window to my second display (tv)

how can i do this?

thank you.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

If this is Windows, you'll need to set the TV as your primary display. Unfortunately, ZSNES can only run on the primary display - this means you'll probably be doing a lot of switching back-and-forth with your monitor and TV.
Silensho
Eternal Witness

Post by Silensho »

AFAIK you can either clone the display (the TV will show the same as the monitor), or create an extension of your desktop to the TV. If you choose the second one, I think you also have to set the TV as primary display, or else ZSNES, WMP and similar applications will appear on the side of the monitor when you launch them. Now, if a black screen appears appears on the side of the TV, I think you'll have to change ZSNES' resolution.
What?
shockme17

Post by shockme17 »

darn it, that's what i was afraid of..

are there any emulators that can run on the secondary display?
Silensho
Eternal Witness

Post by Silensho »

You should be able to "declare" the TV as the primary display device. The option should be around there somewhere in the control panel where you clone or extend your desktop, so IIRC, any application you execute will be displayed on the device you selected.
What?
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Sho wrote:You should be able to "declare" the TV as the primary display device. The option should be around there somewhere in the control panel where you clone or extend your desktop, so IIRC, any application you execute will be displayed on the device you selected.
Yes, but that's not what he (And a lot of people, myself included) wants to do, he wants to be able to play Zsnes, or any other emulator, while still be able to use his computer for other tasks.

Or if I'm wrong, that will work.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Silensho
Eternal Witness

Post by Silensho »

It's worked for me, so far. I haven't tried it with ZSNES recently, but it's done the trick with media players. And I think that as long as you're using different input devices on each application (i.e. Keyboard for Word/Excel/Whatever and gamepad for ZSNES), there'll be no problem.

But then again, don't believe me 100%. Try it for yourself and see if it works.
What?