How to play multiple emulators on same computer?

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

chancet

How to play multiple emulators on same computer?

Post by chancet »

I know I can do this across multiple monitors with SoftXpand. I want to have multiple instances of 1 player games on one computer, and on only ONE monitor though.

This would be very useful! Sometimes I'd like to play a single player game together with a friend! It's almost like making it two player as you go along together in the game.

There's probably a program out there that keeps multiple programs in focus at once. If I had that, then i could just program a difference controller for each instance of the emulator.

I'm in Windows 7.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: How to play multiple emulators on same computer?

Post by grinvader »

Right now we don't have the perfect config setup for that, but it can come pretty close for 2 players.

- set Misc > GUI Options > Enable multiple instances. Now you can launch several ZSNES at the same time.
- set Config > Input > Use Pl3/4 as Pl1/2. Now you can have 2 different configs for 'gamepad 1'
- unset Config > Options > Pause emu in background.

Configure inputs #1 and #3 without overlaps.
It should work, assuming input goes through to the one left unfocused... Make sure you test with gamepads if the keyboard doesn't work.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
chancet

Re: How to play multiple emulators on same computer?

Post by chancet »

Thanks! Will try! Snes9x may be a better candidate for this. I will try that too.
grinvader wrote:Right now we don't have the perfect config setup for that, but it can come pretty close for 2 players.

- set Misc > GUI Options > Enable multiple instances. Now you can launch several ZSNES at the same time.
- set Use Config > Input > Pl3/4 as Pl1/2. Now you can have 2 different configs for 'gamepad 1'
- unset Config > Options > Pause emu in background.

Configure inputs #1 and #3 without overlaps.
It should work, assuming input goes through to the one left unfocused... Make sure you test with gamepads if the keyboard doesn't work.