Could the number of controllers *limit* be changed?

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Paratech

Could the number of controllers *limit* be changed?

Post by Paratech »

I plugged in a Saitek P150 controller to try and see how well it'd work with some emulators I use, previously, I was unaware that there was a limit of how many controllers you could have plugged into the computer that ZSNES would find.

I don't like to unplug my primary controllers, because it can take a number of resets for Windows to "find" them after they have been removed and plugged back in.

I understand not many gamers have more than 4 controllers plugged in, but you can have up to sixteen plugged in at a time, at least that's the limit under Windows 98se, I don't know the limit for XP.

Gamers may have controllers for specific emulators and not want to have to reboot windows every time they change the controllers plugged in, if ZSNES could read up to the limit of 16 controllers, it'd enable gamers to be able to keep their controllers plugged in, as I mentioned, I chose the Saitek P150 specifically for Genesis/Super Nintendo gaming, I'll admit a tiny joystick instead of a DPAD may make a few SNES games frustrating, but for $2.00. I thought the controller was worth it...

I'd understand this would be a low priority, at best, but I hope you don't mind the request. I enjoy using zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) for my SNES gaming habit.

Thanks again for the emulator.
-Nintendo fanboy since 1994.