ToP hungarian version

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

matteo

ToP hungarian version

Post by matteo »

Hello DeJap!
I want to make the hungarian translation of Tales of Phantasia, but I've got a problem with the chars. In hungarian there're a lot of special chars: áÁéÉíÍóÓöÖőŐúÚüÜűŰ (Oh, yeah, it's 18 :D). How can I include these into the rom? Because in the French and Sweden version the tiles of the new chars are directly next to the english charset in the ROM. But I tried to do that, and everything went wrong (I couldn't open the rom with ZSNES, I've seen a blank screen and adios :)).
Somebody has said me that you've got some special stuff, an editor to ToP. Is it right?

Thanks a bunch.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

You probably won't get an answer from DeJap since the entire team has disbanded. Are you saying that whoever did the Swedish translation hacked the rom so that he could put nordic characters in the script?
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
matteo

Specchars

Post by matteo »

Yes, they could. There're special chars in the Swedish (äåö) and in the French version too. But I cannot use these roms, because in Hungarian there're much more of these.
Maybe I should talk with the makers of these roms.
Now I can translate the rom with english characters, but I think it's not good if I write "Arvizturo tukorfurogep" instead "Árvíztűrő tükörfúrógép". :D:D
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Re: Specchars

Post by Agozer »

matteo wrote:Now I can translate the rom with english characters, but I think it's not good if I write "Arvizturo tukorfurogep" instead "Árvíztűrő tükörfúrógép". :D:D
No, it's definitely not good. IIRC, the Finnish translation of ToP was very well done (haven't touched that in a while), and sported ä and ö (no å in the finnish alphabet anywys).

But yeah, I'd guess that you run into some serious problems if you try to expand the ROM enough to make room for all the Hungarian special characters. Talk to the Swedish translators.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.