Reasons to Own a DS this Autumn

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

darkbenny
Box Car Superhero

Post by darkbenny »

Is the PSP still being developed for? I have not seen it advertised or in many stores.
bringing Zsnes back
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

No, Sony cancelled it.
Silensho
Eternal Witness

Post by Silensho »

Is that true? Some friends have been thinking about getting one. Could you provide some information about it?
What?
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

No it's not true, but if he can be a sarcastic ass so can I.
darkbenny
Box Car Superhero

Post by darkbenny »

haha
bringing Zsnes back
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

:)
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

sony's working on a newer model, or so rumor has it. rumor also has it that many third-party developers are dropping or scaling back in a big way their game development.

fact has it that many movie studios have quit supporting UMD. fact also has it that target, for one, has done drastic scaling back of UMD. some target stores even removed it completely.

but nobody buys a psp to watch movies or play games, now do they?
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Mike
ZBoard Prince

Post by Mike »

I got megaman ZX.
**Prince of the Zsnes board**
*Smash Champ*
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

Mike wrote:I got megaman ZX.
how do you like it?
Thebullfrog
Rookie

Post by Thebullfrog »

I'm waiting on FFIII, Protrait of Ruin, Zelda, and Children of Mana. I was waiting for Star Fox Command and Mechassault, but Star Fox I beat in like one day. I'm almost finished with Mechassault after 2 days. Both games were mediocer and way too short. And easy. I'm mostly pumped for FFIII since I've been dying for a decent RPG on the DS.
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

Thebullfrog wrote:I'm waiting on FFIII, Protrait of Ruin, Zelda, and Children of Mana. I was waiting for Star Fox Command and Mechassault, but Star Fox I beat in like one day. I'm almost finished with Mechassault after 2 days. Both games were mediocer and way too short. And easy. I'm mostly pumped for FFIII since I've been dying for a decent RPG on the DS.
Lost Magic and Lost in Blue are supposed to be pretty good.

http://rpgfan.com/reviews-dsed.html
Mike
ZBoard Prince

Post by Mike »

casualsax3 wrote:
how do you like it?
It could of been better. it feels like a gba game, touch screen or mic isn't used at all.
*Smash Champ*
Miyomei
"I ate JB."

Post by Miyomei »

Mike wrote:
casualsax3 wrote:
how do you like it?
It could of been better. it feels like a gba game, touch screen or mic isn't used at all.
Good. I'm glad people aren't forcing themselves to implement touch screen features. They usually turn out to be pretty lame (See: Castlvania: Dawn of Sorrow. "OMG HAY NOW YOU CAN BRAKE ICE COOL HUH?"). As long as it makes use of the superior hardware inside the DS (unrelated to touch screen and mic, of course), then it's a DS game.
Mike
ZBoard Prince

Post by Mike »

Miyomei wrote:
Mike wrote:
casualsax3 wrote:
how do you like it?
Good. I'm glad people aren't forcing themselves to implement touch screen features. They usually turn out to be pretty lame (See: Castlvania: Dawn of Sorrow. "OMG HAY NOW YOU CAN BRAKE ICE COOL HUH?"). As long as it makes use of the superior hardware inside the DS (unrelated to touch screen and mic, of course), then it's a DS game.
Like graphics ? Sound? Sound is ok, graphics is a little itsy bit better than the MMZ series, but they are just about the same. It's too much like a gba game it's pretty fun though.
*Smash Champ*
DarkDragoon
Soul Hacker

Post by DarkDragoon »

For what it's worth, the touch screen is used to set paths for the Model FX's buster shots.
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, deep in space and time
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, forever in your mind
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive
'cause if you try, you can do anything
Vault Dweller
Lurker

Post by Vault Dweller »

sweener2001 wrote:sony's working on a newer model, or so rumor has it. rumor also has it that many third-party developers are dropping or scaling back in a big way their game development.
If I recall correctly, there are rumors about the next PSP design having a built-in cell phone.
[quote="Magus'"]You are officially the first black wigger I've ever met.[/quote]
neoblaze
8-bit Moderator

Post by neoblaze »

Vault Dweller wrote:
sweener2001 wrote:sony's working on a newer model, or so rumor has it. rumor also has it that many third-party developers are dropping or scaling back in a big way their game development.
If I recall correctly, there are rumors about the next PSP design having a built-in cell phone.
oh god
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

neoblAze wrote:
Vault Dweller wrote:
oh god
PFUNK
Rookie

Post by PFUNK »

Vault Dweller wrote:If I recall correctly, there are rumors about the next PSP design having a built-in cell phone.
Ha ha ha if this is true I love Sony.
I'm hot for you and you're hot for me ooka dooka dicka dee.