ZSNES (DOS) vs ZSNES (Windows)

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

T-Doomdays
Rookie

ZSNES (DOS) vs ZSNES (Windows)

Post by T-Doomdays »

My microsoft sidewinder gamepad usb setup works on ZSNES (Windows) lates wip.

But however I wasn't be able to set it up on the ZSNES (DOS) lates wip because it can't pickup the buttons that I push trying to set it up. I even try the default settings and the buttons still won't pickup.

ZSNES (Windows) at d:\zsnes.

ZSNES (DOS) at d:\zsnes (dos).

I have it hookup on usb port 1.

=========================

Microsoft SideWinder Gamepad USB

Mircosoft Part No. X08-09336

Product ID-55092-578-1118082-0000

5V 100mA

=========================

Let me know why I having some trouble with the ZSNES (DOS).
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

DOS doesn't recognize USB

end
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

adventure_of_link beat me to it.

The DOS port expects a Sidewinder that uses the GAMEPORT. In fact, this includes just controllers in general in the DOS port.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
T-Doomdays
Rookie

Post by T-Doomdays »

Oh ok. Thanks guys for the answer. I will use the ZSNES (Windows) only then.

My sidewinder don't have a gameport. Just a usb plugin only. I got this one before they nolonger make those anymore.

You guys talking about the very old sidewinder that have a gameport plugin. I seen those before at the computer blackmarket one time. Those will not work on xp as I heard from the market people. =)
ShadowFX
Regular

Post by ShadowFX »

T-Doomdays wrote:My sidewinder don't have a gameport. Just a usb plugin only. I got this one before they nolonger make those anymore.

You guys talking about the very old sidewinder that have a gameport plugin. I seen those before at the computer blackmarket one time. Those will not work on xp as I heard from the market people. =)
I still own both of these types, not in use anymore though. The gameport version did work in XP one time, but it doesn't anymore and I don't know the cause. Furthermore, the USB version you and I have, lacks a good and smooth 8-way D-pad (it's present but it doesn't work as smooth as it does with the gameport version).
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

EMu-LoRd wrote:
T-Doomdays wrote:My sidewinder don't have a gameport. Just a usb plugin only. I got this one before they nolonger make those anymore.

I still own both of these types, not in use anymore though. The gameport version did work in XP one time, but it doesn't anymore and I don't know the cause. Furthermore, the USB version you and I have, lacks a good and smooth 8-way D-pad (it's present but it doesn't work as smooth as it does with the gameport version).
Most controllers these days lack a good 8-way D-pad. Thats why I went with what works, a Dual Shock controller through a Radio Shack adapter.