Star Ocean translation not working? Try this on for size...

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

gamer4087

Star Ocean translation not working? Try this on for size...

Post by gamer4087 »

The only way I could get the dejap translation for Star Ocean working was re-naming the rom extencion into .bin. I used INSNES to do this and then I had to attach the IPS(translation) file (again with INSNES) directly into the ROM. The reason I had to do this was propably due to the fact that I had split the ROM earlier in order to move it to my PC so that might be the reason for this not-workingness. Maybe the splitting and joining somehow corrupted the ROM I don't know. If anybody has any idea why this occured please tell me.
"A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own."

-Solid Snake
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Use NSRT to see if you have a valid copy of TOP. You have to test against an UNPATCHED copy of TOP though. Very likely you did not read the readme for TOP to apply the correct patch (there are patches for both interleaved+not-interleaved versions).

In any case, you really don't need to hardpatch... ZSNES already softpatches anyhow.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Hyos
Regular

Post by Hyos »

Deathlike2 wrote:Use NSRT to see if you have a valid copy of TOP. You have to test against an UNPATCHED copy of TOP though. Very likely you did not read the readme for TOP to apply the correct patch (there are patches for both interleaved+not-interleaved versions).

In any case, you really don't need to hardpatch... ZSNES already softpatches anyhow.
Replace TOP by Star Ocean and everything applies the same way :-P
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Bleh, brainfart.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
gamer4087

Post by gamer4087 »

Well, this was just something I wanted to point out. As it is, the game works just fine, except for the random crashes that sometimes occur. Somehow they seem to be connected to the BGM and if it's playing or not. I read that somewhere. Saving makes my day 8)
"A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own."

-Solid Snake