Right click options

Place to talk about all that new hardware and decaying software you have.

Moderator: General Mods

Que
saskatchewanite

Right click options

Post by Que »

When you install a program such as winamp, it adds options on right click. For example when you right click on media files, you can play in winamp, play in media player(there by default with windows), enque in winamp, etc..

Is it possible to remove an option that is on the right click context menu?
everything i say is a lie
the above line is true
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Yes. Windows Explorer allows you to edit associativity, also, if you don't have Powertoys installed, especially TweakUI, you should be shot and not allowed to touch a Windows PC.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Re: Right click options

Post by Jipcy »

Que wrote:For example when you right click on media files, you can play in winamp, play in media player(there by default with windows), enque in winamp, etc..
Many programs, and Winamp in particular, allow you to turn off context-menu items. You should start there, first.

If you have some crappy programs that don't allow you to turn off context-menu entries, though, you can try other methods like TweakUI.

Nach wrote:also, if you don't have Powertoys installed, especially TweakUI, you should be shot and not allowed to touch a Windows PC.
I take offense to that. ;)
[url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net]Official ZSNES Docs[/url] | [url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net/nsrt]NSRT Guide[/url] | [url=http://endoftransmission.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=394]Using a Wiimote w/ emulators[/url]
Que
saskatchewanite

Post by Que »

Never had much luck with programs actually listening when it comes to context menus, turns out you can modify alot of it in the registry. see url.

http://www2.technobabble.com.au/modules ... le&sid=182

I want to remove the context menu options that windows media player adds, They are a waste of space and memory!

Problem solution: CMD= "regsvr32 /u wmpshell.dll" ;) removes all media player bullshit from the shell. Might not be able to set it as default player, oh well no big loss.
the above line is true
megamanzer0
Regular

Post by megamanzer0 »

I believe you could also chage it in the filetypes section of folder options

Checks...
class:Trolololo
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

Nach wrote:Yes. Windows Explorer allows you to edit associativity, also, if you don't have Powertoys installed, especially TweakUI, you should be shot and not allowed to touch a Windows PC.
TweakUI is god, if you don't have it go get it. It gives you an easy way of editing all of the context menus based on file type.
Que
saskatchewanite

Post by Que »

casualsax3 wrote:
Nach wrote:Yes. Windows Explorer allows you to edit associativity, also, if you don't have Powertoys installed, especially TweakUI, you should be shot and not allowed to touch a Windows PC.
TweakUI is god, if you don't have it go get it. It gives you an easy way of editing all of the context menus based on file type.
I have tweakUI, and use it frequently. The context options from windows media player are not accessible through there.
the above line is true
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

nach, file associations have nothing to do with the menu items in the right click menu's, and im not talking about the "open with" cascade menu -.-
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
MisterJones
Trooper

Post by MisterJones »

franpa wrote:nach, file associations have nothing to do with the menu items in the right click menu's, and im not talking about the "open with" cascade menu -.-
Congrats on not ever checking the options for context menu on the file association dialog.
_-|-_
Que
saskatchewanite

Post by Que »

MisterJones wrote:
franpa wrote:nach, file associations have nothing to do with the menu items in the right click menu's, and im not talking about the "open with" cascade menu -.-
Congrats on not ever checking the options for context menu on the file association dialog.
The fix I posted is easier than dealing with the menu options in there. Removes all 5-6 options from windows media for the complete and total Anti-Microsoft user.
the above line is true
MisterJones
Trooper

Post by MisterJones »

Que wrote:
MisterJones wrote:
The fix I posted is easier than dealing with the menu options in there. Removes all 5-6 options from windows media for the complete and total Anti-Microsoft user.
I know, I was just pointing out that franpa's statemnet had no solid basis.
_-|-_
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

MisterJones wrote:
Que wrote:
MisterJones wrote:
I know, I was just pointing out that franpa's statemnet had no solid basis.
This is always why you consider the source.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...