TigerDirect been bad this year...

Place to talk about all that new hardware and decaying software you have.

Moderator: General Mods

ReRuss
Trooper

TigerDirect been bad this year...

Post by ReRuss »

Well , they had a MSI RX480+3700+ combo they been selling , well the 3700+ went to RE6 , the mobo only recognizes RE4

I was one of the unlucky ones who ordered this combo... which is no longer avaliable since MSI contacted TD

Sadly my desktop is down... it's boost from an 1800+ and 9200SE , to 3700+ and X1650XT is delayed...

So I been using the lappy I bought recently for all my internet crap
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/ReRuss/UBAR.gif[/img]
360 and PS3 - ReRuss
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

Tiger Direct sucks - I wouldn't buy from them unless they really had some insane deal with no mail in rebate. Sorry to hear you got burned by them.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

I used to order stuff from them all the time several years ago. Then I had issues with them twice, and stopped ordering from them. Since then I also notice they've been under investigation by the BBB.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by AntoineWG »

The customer service at their outlet stores has gone to shit. For any orders they have to pull from the warehouse, be it a $3 cable or $3000 worth of parts, they make you wait in line to order, then they put you in another line to pay for it, then they start pulling your order. I've waited an hour there for stuff. It really wasn't worth it.

I don't buy from them any more unless I absolutely need something right away. If I can get it elsewhere locally, I'll do that, otherwise I order from Newegg--Way better customer service, slightly better prices and virtually no rebates that never come in.
[i]"It is better to have tried and failed than to have failed to try, but the result's the same." - Mike Dennison[/i]
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Oh and every time I visited tiger direct it leaved a cookie that may antispyware programs recognize as spyware. I won't buy a new PC until mother boards comes with the DDR3 memory modules.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

Wow, I never have had problems. But then I never order anything over $50 from them..
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

I purchased my Desktop's CPU, ram and mobo from them for $200. Quite a deal for the time, and they run very good.

It was a Soyo mobo and Celeron CPU, not the greatest choice, but they have given me exactly zero grief and overclock well.
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
AntoineWG
Trooper

Post by AntoineWG »

Don't get me wrong, the product they sell, well the brand-name stuff anyways, is just as good as anywhere else. It's their customer service policies that suck ass and that, to me, is just as important, if not more than the actual product and pricing.

I've only had problems with 2 products, a cheapo socket 7 mobo that died after a week and an Ultra hard drive enclosure that keeps glitching. I returned the mobo and bought a Soyo board, which I still have and still use. I couldn't return the drive enclosure because it was free after rebate. I bought a better one from Newegg with the rebate money.
[i]"It is better to have tried and failed than to have failed to try, but the result's the same." - Mike Dennison[/i]